Multi-platinum rock / metal band Avenged Sevenfold's highly anticipated release, "Waking The Fallen: Resurrected", is now available via Hopeless Records. Personally curated by the band, the release is a rare, never before seen look at their genre defining, seminal album "Waking The Fallen". The new three-disc set includes the original studio album, new artwork, 11 previously unreleased b-sides, live and alternate versions of songs, three music videos and a 30 minute documentary with never before seen live footage from some of the band's earliest shows.
Fans can purchase "Waking The Fallen": Resurrected now in stores worldwide and digitally here.
Today, the band also debuted the original first cut of their music video for "Unholy Confessions," which appears on the DVD portion of the release. Watch it now here
Take a closer look at "Waking The Fallen: Resurrected's" content:
* Two unreleased songs, including the lead track "Waking The Fallen: Resurrected," which had been lost to history before it was discovered buried deep within the original multi-track recordings. Originally intended to make the album as a full song, it was ultimately reworked into a vocal free intro. Later the band drew inspiration from this lost song's piano intro, building it out into their hit song "Beast And The Harlot" off of their next album "City Of Evil". This song is a previously unknown link between two major eras in the band's career.
* Four never before heard demos recorded by Thrice's Teppei Teranishi including "Chapter Four," "Remenissions," "I Won't See You Tonight Part 1," and "I Won't See You Tonight Part 2." These early version demos contain alternate lyrics, melodies, and arrangements giving fans a unique and unprecedented behind the scenes look at the evolution of four of the band's most popular songs.
* Five live versions recorded in 2004 from some of the band's earliest shows including "Chapter Four (Live In Ventura)," "Desecrate Through Reverence (Live In Pomona)," "Eternal Rest (Live In Pomona)," "Unholy Confessions (Live In Ventura)," and "Second Heartbeat (Live In Ventura)." Very little live material from this era of Avenged Sevenfold's career has ever seen the light of day.
* A 30 minute documentary featuring brand new interviews from band looking back on the lead up, demoing, recording and touring around the "Waking The Fallen" album. The 30 minute film includes personal behind the scenes home movies and photos from the band's earliest days.
* The original first cut of the "Unholy Confessions" music video.
Waking The Fallen: Resurrected Track Listing
1. Waking The Fallen
2. Unholy Confessions
3. Chapter Four
5. Desecrate Through Reverence
6. Eternal Rest
7. Second Heartbeat
8. Radiant Eclipse
9. I Won't See You Tonight Part 1
10. I Won't See You Tonight Part 2
11. Clairvoyant Disease
12. And All Things Will End
1. Waking The Fallen: Resurrected
2. Second Heartbeat (Alternate Version)
3. Chapter Four (Demo)
4. Remenissions (Demo)
5. I Won't See You Tonight Part 1 (Demo)
6. I Won't See You Tonight Part 2 (Demo)
7. Intro/Chapter Four (Live In Ventura)
8 Desecrate Through Reverence (Live In Pomona)
9. Eternal Rest (Live In Pomona)
10. Unholy Confessions (Live In Ventura)
11. Second Heartbeat (Live In Ventura)
12. I Won't See You Tonight Pt. 1 (Live In Ventura)*
13. I Won't See You Tonight Pt. 2 (Live In Ventura)*
*Denotes bonus tracks only available deluxe version
DVD Track Listing:
1. Waking The Fallen: Resurrected Documentary
2. Chapter Four (Live Footage Video)
3. Unholy Confessions (Official Music Video)
4. Unholy Confessions (Original First Cut Music Video)
British Prog Metal wizards Threshold discuss forthcoming release 'For The Journey'
Threshold are set to release their forthcoming album 'For The Journey' on the 22nd of September and in anticipation of the new album, the band have been revealing a series of trailers documenting the making of and recording. This week sees the longest standing member Karl Groom discussing the amps and gear used.
To watch the trailer on YouTube click (here)
To watch album trailer #1 click (here): Watch as Guitarist and Producer Karl Groom walks you through Thin Ice Studios and chats about the guitars used on the new album.
To listen to new track 'Watchtower On The Moon' on YouTube click (here)
Order the digital single of 'Watchtower On The Moon':
Amazon MP3: http://geni.us/ThresholdMoonAMZMP3
Google Play: http://smarturl.it/THRESHOLD-MoonGoogle
iTunes : http://geni.us/ThresholdMoonITunes
Nuclear Blast MP3: http://smarturl.it/ThresholdMoonNB
"For The Journey" follows the band's 2012 release "March Of Progress" and was produced by guitarist Karl Groom and Richard West at Thin Ice Studios in England. The album was mastered by Mika Jussila (Therion, Amorphis) at Finnvox in Finland and will be released on September 22, 2014 via Nuclear Blast.
The album artwork was created by Polish Surrealism artist Leszek Bujnowski, who the band found on the internet. "He's designed some beautiful pieces and we thought this was a perfect Threshold cover", states West.
For The Journey CD track list:
1. Watchtower on the Moon
3. The Box
4. Turned to Dust
5. Lost in your Memory
6. Autumn Red
7. The Mystery Show
8. Siren Sky
9. I Wish I Could - available on the digipack, vinyl and download versions
10. Lost in your Memory (Acoustic Version) - available on the vinyl and download versions
Pre-order your copy of the band's new album on CD:
Digipack version inc. bonus tracks click (here)
Recordstore.co.uk signed insert click (here)
For The Journey Vinyl track list:
1. Watchtower On The Moon
2. The Box
2. Turned To Dust
3. Lost In Your Memory
1. Autumn Red
2. The Mystery Show
3. Siren Sky
Side D (Bonus):
1. I Wish I Could
2. Lost In Your Memory (acoustic)
Pre-order 'For The Journey' on Limited Edition Blue Double vinyl (here)
Pre-order 'For The Journey' on Black Double Vinyl (here)
Pre-order 'For The Journey' on Black Vinyl from Recordstore.co.uk to receive a hand signed insert with the album (here)
The band will be performing at O2 Islington Academy in London on Thursday 20th November and The Live Rooms in Chester on Friday 21st November. Buy tickets (here)
Brutai are setting themselves up to smash Euroblast apart, this performance comes hot off of the heels of their sensational Bloodstock Open Air Festival performance.
Brutai will be slaying the masses on the main stage at Cologne's premiere progressive metal festival in October. The festival has a backlog of sensational artists that have graced their stages over the years, as for Incendia Management this is their third year that they will be represented by one of their bands.
Adjacent to festival appearances, Brutai will be releasing a new single at Euroblast and an album in the near future.
Listen to Brutai's latest single 'Never Change' here:
After their beloved performance at Sonisphere this year, Japan's newest successful export Babymetal are ready to rock the UK in November with their last European show of 2014!!
Anticipation is already high post-Sonisphere for their London stop of their World Tour 2014 – Who’s Ready For Round 2? – with a select few also managing to get tickets to their sold out headline show at London’s Kentish Town Forum two days later.
The band gained viral global attention with their catchy pop-visual kei infused metal track "Gimme Chocolate!!"
The announcement comes off the back of a huge summer, which as well as seeing major festival appearances around Europe, also saw the band support pop superstar Lady Gaga on her recent US tour.
BABYMETAL – WORLD TOUR 2014 – WHO’S READY FOR ROUND 2
November 8th 2014 London Brixton O2 Academy
Tickets go on sale 10am Wednesday 20th August.
VIP tickets also available www.kililive.com
Global Metal Apocalypse