Chilean death metal horde Suppression are now streaming their full-length debut, The Sorrow of Soul Through Flesh. The album is available on Friday, April 25 on Unspeakable Axe Records.
Decibel Magazine is offering an exclusive, early chance to hear one of this year's most anticipated old-school death metal releases. Stream The Sorrow of Soul Through Flesh now at this location.
Featuring two former members of thrash maniacs Ripper, Suppression offer 10 tracks of disgusting, thrash technical death metal. Unspeakable Axe Records will release The Sorrow of Soul Through Flesh on CD and digital formats April 25. Vinyl treatment coming via Dark Descent Records later this year.
Order now at:
The Sorrow of Soul Through Flesh was mixed and mastered by Colin Martson (Gorguts) with artwork by Paolo Girardi. The album follows the Repugnant Remains EP, released in 2019 on Unspeakable Axe Records.
So we now know who the winners of the GMA Awards 2021 were, but to wrap up the event in it's entirety and bid farewell to 2021 and usher in 2022, we must turn to the last bunch of awards - 'Metal Release By Country / Area'.
Usually these would include the flag of the band's nation, but given the events in Afghanistan this year among other political turmoil, I felt it would be prudent to forgo any flags and just list the winners.... so without further ado here are the....
"Under The Verdict"
"The Search For
The Dark Star"
"Beyond Unseen Gateways"
"In The Mouth Of Madness"
Black Serpent Ritual
BOSNIA - HERZEGOVINA
"Abyss Of Lost Souls"
"A Whole New Land"
"暮色绽放 Twilight Blooming"
Act Of Denial
Cycles Of Revocation
"Capítulo 1: Repugnante Negocio Del Terror"
Ghosts Of Atlantis
"A Legacy Of Vengeance"
"Lullabies Of Mountain Beasts"
"Empire Of Sins"
ISLE OF MAN
Serenity In Murder
"Midnight Bloody Dances"
"Te Ho Ngeza"
"Cold In Our Hearts"
"Sub Cultura Urii"
Scorn Of Creation
"Todas Las Sangres"
"Eulogy For The Gods"
Dethrone The Corrupted
"The Amygdaloid Decay"
Seraph In Travail
"A Black Death Incense"
"Covered in Concrete"
From The Abyss
"Carving The Fires Of Akhet"
"Chronicles Of War"
"Throne Of Control"
Her Last Sight
"Monument Of Reclamation"
"Mankind / Obsolete"
"Decades Of Suffering"
"The Constitutional Sacrifice"
The Iridium Experiment
"The Order Of Satan's Rage"
Deep Inside Us
"Untitled 2021 Demo"
"Death To Traitors"
"The Ultimate Dream. Plan B: Disposal Of Humanity"
"Belong To Hell"
"Ashes Of Dead Worlds"
"Annihilation Of Mankind"
"Vol. 4: Toxicolandia"
Apes Of God
"En El Recinto De La Tempestad"
Sol Draconi Septem
Beneath The Void
"Attack Of The 50ft Lobsters"
"The Inheritance Of Beauty"
"Gurus Of Destruction"
"Chaos Of Fear"
Becoming The Entity
"Signs Of Saturn"
"Empire Of Glass"
Robot Death Monkey
"Shame Of The Proud Angel"
"A Common Theories"
"Prelude To The Apocalypse"
"A Lip To Earth, A Lip To Heaven & A Tongue To The Stars"
"Punishment In The World To Come"
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
"Terror in Thrace"
The Only Survivor
"The Birth Of Anger"
"Thy Kingdom Kong"
So without further ado, we present the winners of the
2021 Global Metal Apocalypse (GMA) awards.
All categories except "Release Of The Year"
came with an 'other' option.
See you in December 2022
Global Metal Release Of The Year
WARRIOR OF LIGHT
Breakthrough African Band
Breakthrough Asian Band
Breakthrough European Band
Breakthrough North & Central American Band
Breakthrough Oceanian Band
Breakthrough South American Band
Breakthrough UK Band
BEYOND EXTINCTION (ESSEX)
GHOSTS OF ATLANTIS (ESSEX / SUFFOLK)
Breakthrough International Band
Music Video Of The Year
Cradle Of Filth - Necromantic Fantasies
Criminal have released their new album, "Sacrificio", via Metal Blade Records. To celebrate the album release, the band has launched a video for their latest single, "Sistema Criminal". Directed by Carlos Toro of Abysmo Films (Kreator, Arch Enemy, Rob Halford), the video can be viewed at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdbK9CO2eaQ
Sacrificio is Criminal's ninth full-length studio album: a twelve-track bludgeoning that harks back to their roots - both literally and metaphorically. Whilst writing for Sacrificio, Criminal's home country of Chile saw a social uprising that has impacted the lives of Chileans in immeasurable ways. Protests against corruption, inequality and the poor standard of living saw citizens take to the streets to make themselves heard.
This civil action and vehement anger seeped into the creative process of the four members of Criminal - three of them being Chilean. Although there is a deep personal connection to the lyrical content, the events unfold from the perspective of a spectator - albeit one who has also experienced tyrannical leadership and witnessed the divide between ordinary citizens and the social elite.
Chilean culture weaves its way into the album in other ways too; though suitably heavy, there's a percussive element to the sound of Sacrificio that reveals its Latin American roots. Coupled with an unapologetic nod to the 90s in terms of both composition and production, this album sees Criminal finding their groove in more ways than one. The resulting sound is celebratory, rhythmic, organic, and captures everything that was glorious about the flourishing extreme metal scene in the 1990s.
For a band that originally formed out of the ashes of 80's death metal legends Pentagram Chile, the album highlights the benefits of embracing the band's origins; writing and recording took place in Chile for the first time since the 1990s. Criminal continues to prove that South America can create powerful death metal on its own terms. For Sacrificio, much of the material was written in the old-fashioned way - jamming in a sweaty rehearsal room, refining as they went. The old school vibe is further enhanced by the natural sounding production of Seba Puente, which adds to the immediacy and live feel found throughout Sacrificio.
The past 30 years have seen twists and turns in the Criminal tale, but Sacrificio finds them sounding more compelling than ever. The sole original member, vocalist / guitarist Anton Reisenegger (Brujeria, Lock Up, Pentagram Chile), allows plenty of room for the newer and younger members of the band - Danilo Estrella (drums), Danny Biggin (bass), Sergio Klein (guitar) - to add their personal touches to the band's missives.
- Anton Reisenegger - vocals/guitars
- Sergio Klein - guitars
- Danny Biggin - bass
- Danilo Estrella - drums
Black Ceremonial Kult, Chilean gods of the dark abyss, are back. The band, which is deeply rooted in the underground, has released two demos and three splits so far. With these releases, band gained the respect of fans who love sincere devotion to blasphemous art. This time we proudly present a new release, which, although it is an EP, may surprise with its length. 'Crowned in Chaos' will be released on June 14th and will be available on CD, LP, tape and in Digital formats.
01. Intro: Blood in the Secret Chambers of Ikenti
02. Chariot of the Sphinxes
03. Intro: Boiling Substances in Hellish Trance
04. Under the Khaos
05. Intro: The Projection of sorcery & blasphemy
04. Masters Temple K.V.M.
05. The Scarlet Woman Dances for the Forgotten Godz
09.Outro: Instrospection Through the Unknown
Nietzsche once said: '...when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.'. Wise words when it comes to the new Black Ceremonial Kult material. It is like a dark hole, that awaits you. You cannot expect mercy, forgiveness or pity. It is like this cosmic force that swallows all. It is brutal, it is dangerous, it is tense. You can call it death metal, black metal, the abyss of sounds, whatever. We call it apocalypse. And this particular apocalypse lasts for nearly forty minutes and contains nine compositions (including intro and outro). Lose yourself in the abyss and join the Kult!
'Crowned in Chaos' was recorded and mixed by Maot under the influence of secret poisons at the Order Temple of the Dead Studios in 2019, Santiago - Chile. Mastered by Seba Puente at Audiocustom Studio 2020. Intros & keyboards by Maot.
All the artwork by Igor Datkiewicz & WS Artworks.
- Khaos - Infernal Meditations of Hermeticism and Low Karmic Vibrations
- Vilu - VI Structuring Commandments of the Infernal Hymns
- Maot - VI Keys to open the Portals of Eternal Suffering
- Negro - Drums of Lust that Resound in the Holy Virgin
Xalpen inks a record deal with Black Lodge Records. The Chilean black metallers are working on new material to be released in a not too distant future. But first up is the remastered album ’Sawken Xo´on‘ set for release on the 30th of July 2021 on both vinyl, CD and digital.
“We are sincerely honored and very motivated about this alliance, it is and we know, much more to unveil in our path to approach the respectful listeners, hungry daemons, thirsty witches, psychotic entities and all the spiritual voyagers of this black trip, to the mysteries of the ancient era of pan-dimensional shamans and Dark Gods, building the strong bridges that transgressive music and chaotic forces creates, to fulfill the secret and obscure essence of Xalpen.
We also, with no doubts, will support expectations and goals the band and Label will have for the upcoming time. For now, It´s a good start for more concrete plans, to set some live performances, possible further shows and / or even organize some tours dates for the uncertain future of this world”.
01. Devourer of Light (Ya´alwe Kar-t´en)
03. Dark Nights of Winter (On Stekenjhio‘ joshckek)
04. Han K´win Saik (For those who have departed)
05. Among the Pillars of Death (Han On Outeken Chesk)
06. Tres Chamanes (Sawken Xo´on)
07. The Formidable Fumes of Hell-Fire (On Tohown Tahner On K´ar Xawqekyen)
Since 1998, Lapsus Dei has been recognized as one of the most important South American doom metal bands and are characterized by their powerful shows full of killer attitude in Chile and other countries. With an amazing line-up made up of renowned musicians, the band has managed to capture a unique style within metal music, full of technique, great compositional quality and a great live sound. Over the years, Lapsus Dei has performed in many cities, acting as headliners, or support for legendary European bands such as Amorphis, Katatonia, Ensiferum, Therion, Soen, etc.
Lapsus Dei was born in 1998, when Rodrigo Poblete decided to form a band with influences of classical music in a similar style to Therion. After a few months the band began to take shape and at the end of that year it was already has a formation of seven musicians, among which there is a violinist and two vocalists. In 2001, the group recorded their first demo entitled Dibujando mi Karma, which was produced on CD and tape and gained an excellent public acceptance. In 2003 the band recorded an EP with which they began to turn on the national circuit. Then in 2006, their highly anticipated debut album appeared, with a circulation of 3000 copies, which was a very large number for the time. Wanted to grow in the national metal scene, Lapsus Dei moved to the capital of Chile, Santiago, paving the way for two more albums and many amazing shows and tours as the wheels keep rolling on the road.
The band is currently experimenting within the doom metal scene with prog touches, pointing to a refreshing of their sound and the musical ideas and ambitions of its members.
Lapsus Dei are:
Alejandro Giusti – Vocals/Guitars
Agustín Bastías – Bass
Rodrigo Poblete – Guitars/Vocals
Luis Pinto – Drums
Official Website | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram | Twitter | VK | On Sliptrick
After one month of voting, nearly 6,000 votes cast and countless sharing across all social media platforms by us and nominees alike, the time has come to announce the winners of the GMA Awards 2019.
But before that happens, there will be a change to how the nominees are cast. For 10 months of the year we will be running a series of rounds from which the 10 finalists will be recognised for the annual event.
The system will work as thus: nominees elected in the month of January are voted for in February... February nominees voted in March, etc and finishes with nominees in October being voted for in November - the finalists will then be voted for across the month of December and into early January 2021; finishing 8th January 2021.
Now that's put out into the open, we can finally reveal the winners of the GMA Awards 2019.
Release Of The Year
- Fleshgod Apocalypse - Veleno (19.8%)
- Eluveitie - Ategnatos (16.6%)
- Jinjer - Macro (13.9%)
- Oomph! - Ritual (9.2%)
- Kryptos - Afterburner (7.4%)
- Tyr - Hel (7.1%)
- Unleash The Archers - Explorers (7.1%)
- Myrath - Shehili (7%)
- Sabaton - The Great War (6.9%)
- The Hu - The Gereg (4.9%)
Best Live Act
- Jinjer (The Ukraine) - (27.6%)
- Eluveitie (Switzerland) - (15.2%)
- Sabaton (Sweden) - (11.3%)
- Alien Weaponry (New Zealand) - (9.9%)
- Myrath (Tunisia) - (9.1%)
- Lacuna Coil (Italy) - (8.2%)
- Underside (Nepal) - (7.2%)
- Crescent (Egypt) - (4.9%)
- Hatari (Iceland) - (3.6%)
- Odd Crew (Bulgaria) - (3%)
Breakthrough African Metal Band
- Mythos (Egypt) - (35.5%)
- Berzek (Algeria) - (11.3%)
- My Veins (Madagascar) - (9%)
- Iron Sliver (Gabon) - (8.1%)
- Woltemade (South Africa) - (6.7%)
- Roar Of Heroes (Cameroon) - (6.7%)
- Nebulosa Difusa (Angola) - (5.9%)
- Oydis (Libya) - (5.6%)
- Arka'n (Togo) - (5.6%)
- Kawn (Morocco) - (5.5%)
Breakthrough Asian Metal Band
- Trainwreck (Bangladesh) - (35%)
- Mary's Blood (Japan) - (21.1%)
- Bloodywood (India) - (10.4%)
- Slaves To Sirens (The Lebanon) - (6.6%)
- The Dead Sea (Jordan) - (5.5%)
- Ekwon (Iran) - (5.4%)
- Holy Dragons (Kazakhstan) - (5.1%)
- Reign In Slumber (Cambodia) - (4.2%)
- Afreet (Afghanistan) - (3.3%)
- Fecundation (South Korea) - (3.3%)
Breakthrough European Metal Band
- Odd Crew (Bulgaria) - (17.1%)
- Forever Still (Denmark) - (12.7%)
- Elusion (Belgium) - (11.6%)
- Setheist (Poland) - (11.2%)
- Synlakross (Spain) - (8.8%)
- Scarleth (The Ukraine) - (8.2%)
- E-An-Na (Romania) - (7.9%)
- Awakening Sun (Lithuania) - (7.8%)
- Kobold (Serbia) - (7.3%)
- Crossbones (Albania) - (7.3%)
Breakthrough UK Metal Band
- Black Pyre (Wales) - (20.6%)
- Aeons (Isle Of Man) - (14.6%)
- Inferiem (Scotland) - (10.4%)
- Fear Bound (England) - (10.3%)
- Zombified (Northern Ireland) - (9.9%)
- Pravitas (England) - (9.6%)
- Dog Tired (Scotland) - (7.5%)
- Djinova (England) - (6.9%)
- Outright Resistance (England) - (6.2%)
- Byzanthian Neckbeard (Guernsey) - (3.9%)
Breakthrough North & Central American Metal Band
- Astaroth Incarnate (Canada) - (32.8%)
- Human Equation (Mexico) - (11.6%)
- From The Graves (Cuba) - (10.9%)
- Reactor (El Salvador) - (8.4%)
- Stromptha (Greenland) - (7.6%)
- Athica (Panama) - (7.5%)
- Redhead Match (Costa Rica) - (6.1%)
- Gangrena Cerebral (Dominican Republic) - (5.2%)
- Transgresión (Puerto Rico) - (5.1%)
- Aversia (Nicaragua) - (4.9%)
Breakthrough Oceanian Metal Band
- Scythian Fate (Australia) - (26.2%)
- Sons Of Solomon (Solomon Islands) - (16.1%)
- Hunt The Witch (New Zealand) - (13.1%)
- Abide Till Death (Papua New Guinea) - (8%)
- Shepherd's Reign (New Zealand) - (7.6%)
- Surrender The Thief (Guam) - (6.6%)
- Redsphere (New Caledonia) - (6%)
- The Relativ (Fiji) - (5.9%)
- Dropvkal (Vanuatu) - (5.5%)
- Pōturu (French Polynesia) - (5%)
Breakthrough South American Metal Band
- Suicidal Drinkers (Argentina) - (17.1%)
- Visceral Decay (Ecuador) - (13.3%)
- Maze Of Terror (Peru) - (12.2%)
- Holder Of Souls (Brazil) - (12.1%)
- Inner Betrayer (Colombia) - (9.5%)
- Weight Of Emptiness (Chile) - (8.7%)
- Khymor (Paraguay) - (7.9%)
- Territory (Uruguay) - (7.1%)
- Worship The Pestilence (Bolivia) - (6.8%)
- Cultura Tres (Venezuela) - (5.4%)
Breakthrough International Metal Band
- Bloodywood (India) - (24.4%)
- Sons Of Solomon (Solomon Islands) - (11.4%)
- Infected Rain (Moldova) - (11.4%)
- Outright Resistance (England) - (9.8%)
- Forever Still (Denmark) - (8.7%)
- Arka'n (Togo) - (8.3%)
- Ade! (Italy) - (8%)
- Redhead Match (Costa Rica) - (6.7%)
- Cultura Tres (Venezuela) + Overthrust (Botswana) - (5.6%) - tied on vote numbers.
Festival Of The Year
- Bloodstock Open Air (England) - (28.4%)
- Heavy MTL (Canada) - (22%)
- Bangalore Open Air (India) - (17.8%)
- Copenhell (Denmark) - (6.4%)
- Eindhoven Metal Meeting (The Netherlands) - (5.4%)
- Goathell (Croatia) - (4.5%)
- Hard Rock Laager (Estonia) - (4.5%)
- Eistnaflug (Iceland) - (4.1%)
- Kaltenbach Open Air (Austria) - (3.8%)
- Hammersonic (Indonesia) - (3.1%)
Music Video Of The Year
- Rammstein - 'Deutschland' - (21.6%)
- Fleshgod Apocalypse - 'Sugar' - (21.2%)
- Eluveitie - 'Ategnatos' - (12.8%)
- Jinjer - 'On The Top' - (11.6%)
- Myrath - 'Born To Survive' - (8%)
- Sabaton - 'Bismarck' - (7.9%)
- Alien Weaponry - 'Blinded' - (7.2%)
- Arka'n - 'Tears Of The Dead' - (4.6%)
- Underside - 'Wild' - (3.2%)
- Oomph! - 'Tausend Mann Und Ein Befehl' (1.9%)
Global Metal Ambassador 2019
- Gojira (France) - (28.1%)
- Freddy Lim (Taiwan) - (21.4%)
- Jake Shuker & Monzer Darwish (Syria) - (9.7%)
- Sahil Makhija (India) - (8%)
- Slaves To Sirens (The Lebanon) - (6.9%)
- Underside (Nepal) - (6.4%)
- Rock Arka'n (Togo) - (4.9%)
- Roy Dipankar (India -'Extreme Nation' director) - (4.6%)
- Overthrust (Botswana) - (4.1%)
- Zarraza (Kazakhstan) - (3.5%)
- World Metal Congress (International) - (2.2%)*
* Later withdrawn by request of nominee.
In their endless quest to push and support current underground acts that perpetuate the odour of vintage death metal, Memento Mori are extremely thrilled to announce a new signing: Inanna, from Chile.
In a weird and horrific hallucination, guitarist/songwriter Diego Ilabaca received the revelation to create new music. Still in his teen years, he came up with the idea of fusing his favourite albums, Morbid Visions and Altars of Madness, with the mysticism and transcendence of the long and amazingly structured compositions of his '70s prog-rock heroes. It took a long time to find the right musicians to realize that vision. Once he did, and like the powerful gods of the Sumerian pantheon, Inanna came to life from the netherworld in 2000, obsessed with such early technical death metal acts as Atheist, Cynic, Death, and Pestilence, and plagued with the evil brutality of Suffocation, Deicide, Morbid Angel, Immolation, and Gorguts. Even though inspired by those acts, this four-piece entity walk a path of uniqueness through their own spheres and interdimensional portals. Unlike other ridiculously over-the-top, ultra-complex, soulless bands, Inanna seek inspiration in the outer worlds and the obscure abysses of the unknown, via demented growls, the nightmarish writings of H.P. Lovecraft, mythology, and ancient lore. Malice, death, and insanity, the human mind, and Cthulhu spells also lurk deep within the band's concept, like eerie sea tales from a distant century that one can only whisper in fear.
After two albums and many a stage hit by Diego Ilabaca (guitars), Max Neira (bass/vocals), Carlos Fuentes (drums/guitars), and Cristobal Gonzalez (guitars) over the band's years of existence, Inanna are now ready to start creating their third full-length opus, whose CD version will be released by Memento Mori in 2021. Further details to follow in the coming months. For more info, consult the links below.
Black metal visionaries LvxCaelis premiere the new track "Throne of Doom" at heavily trafficked YouTube channel Black Metal Promotion. The track hails from the band's highly anticipated third album, Maher Shalal Hash Baz, set for international release on October 31st via Lamech Records. A symbiosis of spiritual black metal and its Bathorian antecedent, here LvxCaelis create a shimmering cavern of haunting splendour, of cosmic weight verily crushed with the tyranny of true masters. Mystical and mesmerizing, Maher Shalal Hash Baz is the sound of LvxCaelis at the very peak of their powers. Hear "Throne of Doom," the second track to be revealed from the new album, in its entirety exclusively HERE.
LvxCaelis was formed in the year 2004 in southern Chile by Irad and former drummer Etlidur. The band was rehearsing actively during their first years but faced many line-up changes. In early 2009, their first demo, Nigredo-The Dead Head, was recorded in the form of a rehearsal. This demo caught the attention of Lamech Records, which later released this recording on pro tape format limited to 300 copies. In the year 2011, LvxCaelis entered the studio and recorded their debut album, Mysteria Mystica Maxima 23, released one year later by Lamech Records. This album got a very good response from the black metal underground worldwide. Frater N. joins the band that year as their bass-player.
In 2012, LvxCaelis decided to perform live for the very first time. Their debut show was held in December 2012 in Santiago, Chile. In the beginning of 2014, the band recorded a new demo called Slaughtering of the Lamb, which was meant to be an advance for their upcoming full-length. This demo was released by Lamech Records on pro tape format and limited to 300 copies. All copies sold out very fast, and it got great response, as well. In the same year, Irad travelled to Sweden to record the new album and perform a few exclusive dates - this time, integrating members of Hetroertzen for the live performances. The Watchers, the band's second album, was then recorded by Irad and Deacon D. on drums and released by Lamech Records in 2014.
In 2015, LvxCaelis was invited to join Hetroertzen on their US mini-tour. This was the band’s first time performing on North American soil, and they got a great response there. Between 2017 and 2018, LvxCaelis focused on preparing material for a new album. During this time, the line-up was completed by the addition of drummer Frater B. Later in the autumn of 2018, LvxCaelis joined Hetroertzen and Sektarism for the "Lvx in Tenebris" European tour where they performed 10 dates over several cities of Europe. After the tour was over, the band travelled to Västerås, Sweden to record their third album, Maher Shalal Hash Baz. Recorded at Lamech Studios by Deacon D., Maher Shalal Hash Baz clearly shows LvxCaelis' musical refinement after 14 years of existence: a vast and visionary work that stays true to the band's original tenets whilst pushing its boundaries ever wider.
In the meantime, hear LvxCaelis' "Throne of Doom" - the second track to be revealed from their forthcoming third album, Maher Shalal Hash Baz - in its entirety exclusively HERE, courtesy of Black Metal Promotion. Also hear "The Beginning Was the End," the first track to be revealed from the new album, HERE.
Global Metal Apocalypse
Battle Of The Bands
Brutal Death Metal
Isle Of Man
Line Up Change
Neue Deutsche Harte
Papua New Guinea
Play Through Video
United Arab Emirates
Violent Pop Metal