Global Metal Apocalypse (GMA) Awards 2021 - Metal Release Of The Year (by country / territory)
So we now know who the winners of the GMA Awards 2021 were, but to wrap up the event in it's entirety and bid farewell to 2021 and usher in 2022, we must turn to the last bunch of awards - 'Metal Release By Country / Area'.
Usually these would include the flag of the band's nation, but given the events in Afghanistan this year among other political turmoil, I felt it would be prudent to forgo any flags and just list the winners.... so without further ado here are the....
"Under The Verdict"
"The Search For
The Dark Star"
"Beyond Unseen Gateways"
"In The Mouth Of Madness"
Black Serpent Ritual
BOSNIA - HERZEGOVINA
"Abyss Of Lost Souls"
"A Whole New Land"
"暮色绽放 Twilight Blooming"
Act Of Denial
Cycles Of Revocation
"Capítulo 1: Repugnante Negocio Del Terror"
Ghosts Of Atlantis
"A Legacy Of Vengeance"
"Lullabies Of Mountain Beasts"
"Empire Of Sins"
ISLE OF MAN
Serenity In Murder
"Midnight Bloody Dances"
"Te Ho Ngeza"
"Cold In Our Hearts"
"Sub Cultura Urii"
Scorn Of Creation
"Todas Las Sangres"
"Eulogy For The Gods"
Dethrone The Corrupted
"The Amygdaloid Decay"
Seraph In Travail
"A Black Death Incense"
"Covered in Concrete"
From The Abyss
"Carving The Fires Of Akhet"
"Chronicles Of War"
"Throne Of Control"
Her Last Sight
"Monument Of Reclamation"
"Mankind / Obsolete"
"Decades Of Suffering"
"The Constitutional Sacrifice"
The Iridium Experiment
"The Order Of Satan's Rage"
Deep Inside Us
"Untitled 2021 Demo"
"Death To Traitors"
"The Ultimate Dream. Plan B: Disposal Of Humanity"
"Belong To Hell"
"Ashes Of Dead Worlds"
"Annihilation Of Mankind"
"Vol. 4: Toxicolandia"
Apes Of God
"En El Recinto De La Tempestad"
Sol Draconi Septem
Beneath The Void
"Attack Of The 50ft Lobsters"
"The Inheritance Of Beauty"
"Gurus Of Destruction"
"Chaos Of Fear"
Becoming The Entity
"Signs Of Saturn"
"Empire Of Glass"
Robot Death Monkey
"Shame Of The Proud Angel"
"A Common Theories"
"Prelude To The Apocalypse"
"A Lip To Earth, A Lip To Heaven & A Tongue To The Stars"
"Punishment In The World To Come"
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
"Terror in Thrace"
The Only Survivor
"The Birth Of Anger"
"Thy Kingdom Kong"
Salvadoran death / thrash metallers Apes Of God release second album via Death In Pieces Records
Salvadoran death / thrash metallers Apes Of God have released their 2nd length album “En El Recinto De La Tempestad”, it is released as a standard jewel case CD with slip case, limited edition to 300 copies.
The tape version is out now via Deathrockersorrow Records in conspiracy with Morbid Skull Records, limited to 100 copies.
"En el Recinto de la Tempestad" captures the rage in these guys. No compromises here, only fast death / thrash metal tracks that will punch your soul, with poisonous music and violent lyrics.
Apes Of God is active and the current line-up is: Aldair Mejía (vocal), Rodrigo Salguero (Guitar), Rob Malcoms (Guitar), Alejandro Perez (Bass) and Gabriel Puente (drums).
*This album is dedicated to the memory of Cesar Canales (ex-vocalist) R.I.P. 1991 - 2019
Apes Of God is a death / thrash metal band from El Salvador founded in 2015 by Rodrigo Salguero (Guitar) and Cesar Canales (Vocalist). In September 2016 the band published their first record production, a demo titled "Holy Spirit" and after the incorporation of Carlos Sanglas (Drums) the band debuted live in November of that same year.
In July 2017 the band released their second record production, an EP titled "Fuck Off!" under the Salvadoran record label Megarock Records. After the publication of this second production and the incorporation of Rob Malcoms (Bass), the band made a series of presentations in the interior of the country with which little by little and with the help of said production they began to consolidate as one of the emerging bands more constant and with more projection in the Salvadoran metal scene.
After the launch of two record productions, in February 2018 the band released their third record production, their first full-length material entitled “Misanthropy”. This production was launched by the Salvadoran record labels Megarock Records and RGR Distro, in addition, this production has the participation of Diva Satanica (vocalist of Bloodhunter and Nervosa). After the recording of said material, Carlos Sanglas left the band and Gabriel Puente (drums) joined.
In 2019 Apes Of God publishes the EP entitled “Procession Of Death” which to date has been the most emblematic material of the band. This production was released by different record labels around the world, some of these labels are Death In Pieces Records (Mexico), Atolinga Records (Mexico), Salute Records (Sweden) and Rawblackult Productions (Bolivia). After the publication of this fourth record production, Rob Malcoms accompanies Rodrigo Salguero on guitar, so the incorporation of Alejandro Pérez (Bass) is carried out. After a series of dates promoting “Procession Of Death” Cesar Canales (vocalist) was killed during the band's presentation at the Green Metal Concert event held in the municipality of Armenia, Sonsonate on August 3, 2019. After this event the band makes the final decision not to perform live in Salvadoran territory again.
On May 5, 2020, Apes Of God announces the launch of a new demo titled “El Poeta y El Cementerio de Memorias” where Rodrigo Salguero takes charge of the voices in said production and while the rest of the lineup remains intact. This production was published on June 15, 202 only in digital format by the record label RGR Distro. Later, on July 31, 2020 the band announced the release of their first “live album” titled “MMXIX” which is the last official record recorded by Cesar Canales. "MMXIX" was published by RGR Distro on September 3, 2020 in honour of Cesar Canales' birthday.
Salvadoran death / thrash metallers Apes Of God announce third full length album "En El Recinto De La Tempestad"
Salvadoran death / thrash metallers Apes Of God have announced their new album “En El Recinto De La Tempestad” is to be released on April 28th, in light of this news they are presenting the cover artwork which was designed by Ukraine's Kali Macabre.
The new album will be released in limited numbers on both CD (300 copies - slipcase) which is to be released via Death In Pieces Records, and on tape (100 copies) via Deathrockersorrow Records / Morbid Skull Records.
"En El Recinto De La Tempestad" is the band's third full length recording, and certainly captures the rage in these guys. There is no compromises here, only fast death / thrash metal songs that will punch your soul, with poisonous music and violent lyrics.
"This album is dedicated to the memory of Cesar Canales (ex-vocalist) R.I.P. 1991-2019"
Apes Of God are:
- Aldair Mejía (vocals)
- Rodrigo Salguero (guitars)
- Rob Malcoms (guitars)
- Alejandro Perez (bass)
- Gabriel Puente (drums)
GMA Awards 2019 - The Results
After one month of voting, nearly 6,000 votes cast and countless sharing across all social media platforms by us and nominees alike, the time has come to announce the winners of the GMA Awards 2019.
But before that happens, there will be a change to how the nominees are cast. For 10 months of the year we will be running a series of rounds from which the 10 finalists will be recognised for the annual event.
The system will work as thus: nominees elected in the month of January are voted for in February... February nominees voted in March, etc and finishes with nominees in October being voted for in November - the finalists will then be voted for across the month of December and into early January 2021; finishing 8th January 2021.
Now that's put out into the open, we can finally reveal the winners of the GMA Awards 2019.
Release Of The Year
- Fleshgod Apocalypse - Veleno (19.8%)
- Eluveitie - Ategnatos (16.6%)
- Jinjer - Macro (13.9%)
- Oomph! - Ritual (9.2%)
- Kryptos - Afterburner (7.4%)
- Tyr - Hel (7.1%)
- Unleash The Archers - Explorers (7.1%)
- Myrath - Shehili (7%)
- Sabaton - The Great War (6.9%)
- The Hu - The Gereg (4.9%)
Best Live Act
- Jinjer (The Ukraine) - (27.6%)
- Eluveitie (Switzerland) - (15.2%)
- Sabaton (Sweden) - (11.3%)
- Alien Weaponry (New Zealand) - (9.9%)
- Myrath (Tunisia) - (9.1%)
- Lacuna Coil (Italy) - (8.2%)
- Underside (Nepal) - (7.2%)
- Crescent (Egypt) - (4.9%)
- Hatari (Iceland) - (3.6%)
- Odd Crew (Bulgaria) - (3%)
Breakthrough African Metal Band
- Mythos (Egypt) - (35.5%)
- Berzek (Algeria) - (11.3%)
- My Veins (Madagascar) - (9%)
- Iron Sliver (Gabon) - (8.1%)
- Woltemade (South Africa) - (6.7%)
- Roar Of Heroes (Cameroon) - (6.7%)
- Nebulosa Difusa (Angola) - (5.9%)
- Oydis (Libya) - (5.6%)
- Arka'n (Togo) - (5.6%)
- Kawn (Morocco) - (5.5%)
Breakthrough Asian Metal Band
- Trainwreck (Bangladesh) - (35%)
- Mary's Blood (Japan) - (21.1%)
- Bloodywood (India) - (10.4%)
- Slaves To Sirens (The Lebanon) - (6.6%)
- The Dead Sea (Jordan) - (5.5%)
- Ekwon (Iran) - (5.4%)
- Holy Dragons (Kazakhstan) - (5.1%)
- Reign In Slumber (Cambodia) - (4.2%)
- Afreet (Afghanistan) - (3.3%)
- Fecundation (South Korea) - (3.3%)
Breakthrough European Metal Band
- Odd Crew (Bulgaria) - (17.1%)
- Forever Still (Denmark) - (12.7%)
- Elusion (Belgium) - (11.6%)
- Setheist (Poland) - (11.2%)
- Synlakross (Spain) - (8.8%)
- Scarleth (The Ukraine) - (8.2%)
- E-An-Na (Romania) - (7.9%)
- Awakening Sun (Lithuania) - (7.8%)
- Kobold (Serbia) - (7.3%)
- Crossbones (Albania) - (7.3%)
Breakthrough UK Metal Band
- Black Pyre (Wales) - (20.6%)
- Aeons (Isle Of Man) - (14.6%)
- Inferiem (Scotland) - (10.4%)
- Fear Bound (England) - (10.3%)
- Zombified (Northern Ireland) - (9.9%)
- Pravitas (England) - (9.6%)
- Dog Tired (Scotland) - (7.5%)
- Djinova (England) - (6.9%)
- Outright Resistance (England) - (6.2%)
- Byzanthian Neckbeard (Guernsey) - (3.9%)
Breakthrough North & Central American Metal Band
- Astaroth Incarnate (Canada) - (32.8%)
- Human Equation (Mexico) - (11.6%)
- From The Graves (Cuba) - (10.9%)
- Reactor (El Salvador) - (8.4%)
- Stromptha (Greenland) - (7.6%)
- Athica (Panama) - (7.5%)
- Redhead Match (Costa Rica) - (6.1%)
- Gangrena Cerebral (Dominican Republic) - (5.2%)
- Transgresión (Puerto Rico) - (5.1%)
- Aversia (Nicaragua) - (4.9%)
Breakthrough Oceanian Metal Band
- Scythian Fate (Australia) - (26.2%)
- Sons Of Solomon (Solomon Islands) - (16.1%)
- Hunt The Witch (New Zealand) - (13.1%)
- Abide Till Death (Papua New Guinea) - (8%)
- Shepherd's Reign (New Zealand) - (7.6%)
- Surrender The Thief (Guam) - (6.6%)
- Redsphere (New Caledonia) - (6%)
- The Relativ (Fiji) - (5.9%)
- Dropvkal (Vanuatu) - (5.5%)
- Pōturu (French Polynesia) - (5%)
Breakthrough South American Metal Band
- Suicidal Drinkers (Argentina) - (17.1%)
- Visceral Decay (Ecuador) - (13.3%)
- Maze Of Terror (Peru) - (12.2%)
- Holder Of Souls (Brazil) - (12.1%)
- Inner Betrayer (Colombia) - (9.5%)
- Weight Of Emptiness (Chile) - (8.7%)
- Khymor (Paraguay) - (7.9%)
- Territory (Uruguay) - (7.1%)
- Worship The Pestilence (Bolivia) - (6.8%)
- Cultura Tres (Venezuela) - (5.4%)
Breakthrough International Metal Band
- Bloodywood (India) - (24.4%)
- Sons Of Solomon (Solomon Islands) - (11.4%)
- Infected Rain (Moldova) - (11.4%)
- Outright Resistance (England) - (9.8%)
- Forever Still (Denmark) - (8.7%)
- Arka'n (Togo) - (8.3%)
- Ade! (Italy) - (8%)
- Redhead Match (Costa Rica) - (6.7%)
- Cultura Tres (Venezuela) + Overthrust (Botswana) - (5.6%) - tied on vote numbers.
Festival Of The Year
- Bloodstock Open Air (England) - (28.4%)
- Heavy MTL (Canada) - (22%)
- Bangalore Open Air (India) - (17.8%)
- Copenhell (Denmark) - (6.4%)
- Eindhoven Metal Meeting (The Netherlands) - (5.4%)
- Goathell (Croatia) - (4.5%)
- Hard Rock Laager (Estonia) - (4.5%)
- Eistnaflug (Iceland) - (4.1%)
- Kaltenbach Open Air (Austria) - (3.8%)
- Hammersonic (Indonesia) - (3.1%)
Music Video Of The Year
- Rammstein - 'Deutschland' - (21.6%)
- Fleshgod Apocalypse - 'Sugar' - (21.2%)
- Eluveitie - 'Ategnatos' - (12.8%)
- Jinjer - 'On The Top' - (11.6%)
- Myrath - 'Born To Survive' - (8%)
- Sabaton - 'Bismarck' - (7.9%)
- Alien Weaponry - 'Blinded' - (7.2%)
- Arka'n - 'Tears Of The Dead' - (4.6%)
- Underside - 'Wild' - (3.2%)
- Oomph! - 'Tausend Mann Und Ein Befehl' (1.9%)
Global Metal Ambassador 2019
- Gojira (France) - (28.1%)
- Freddy Lim (Taiwan) - (21.4%)
- Jake Shuker & Monzer Darwish (Syria) - (9.7%)
- Sahil Makhija (India) - (8%)
- Slaves To Sirens (The Lebanon) - (6.9%)
- Underside (Nepal) - (6.4%)
- Rock Arka'n (Togo) - (4.9%)
- Roy Dipankar (India -'Extreme Nation' director) - (4.6%)
- Overthrust (Botswana) - (4.1%)
- Zarraza (Kazakhstan) - (3.5%)
- World Metal Congress (International) - (2.2%)*
* Later withdrawn by request of nominee.
El Salvador's Witchgöat unveil debut album "Egregors of the Black Faith"; streaming in its entirely via Decibel Magazine
Salvadorian black/thrashing maniacs Witchgöat's debut full length Egregors of the Black Faith comes out today via Morbid Skull Records (CD & Cassette) and Hell Productions (CD). This album is the successor of the demo Umbra Regit that came out last year.
M. Miasma (vocals) states:-
“We hope to project our first album, Egregors of the Black Faith, to the world as a tribute of our devotion to thrash/black/death metal and to show that in Central America we also share the visceral spirit of honest and direct metal that makes its way even without having great technical and economic resources, just like the spirit of South America in the ‘80s. On this album, we tried to print our version of the raw metal which we have been fans of for many years. We trust that the followers of this type of music will find it interesting.”
Stream "Egregors of the Black Faith " in its full via Decibel Magazine, AT THIS LOCATION
Witchgöat was conceived in the middle of 2016 by the long serving Salvadorian guitarist P. Scyther with the aim to form a black/thrash metal project that would carry off the effervescence of the old school thrash metal, the brutality and the precariousness of the ‘80s extreme metal, and the dire melodies of the ‘90s blackened death metal. He had shortly begun composing for the nameless project. The drummer E. Driller joined him in the early 2017 and the recording process was started straight away under the moniker of Witchgöat. The line-up of Witchgöat was completed upon the arrival of M. Miasma (vocals) and C. Fog (bassist) in the mid – 2017.
The profane quartet bestowed the demo tape “Umbra Regit” (all 33 copies were sold out immediately after issuing the pre-order) upon earth on July 31, 2018 via Morbid Skull Records. The demo assault is a momentary demonstration of the profound malignancy and the inevitable destruction that the impending debut is to inflame in the beginning of the year 2019.
The debut opus “Egregors of the Black Faith” is out on February 13, 2019 via Morbid Skull Records (El Salvador – CD & Cassette) and Hell Productions (Thailand – CD). Rejecting all type of modern technological enhancements, this opus conjures the filthiness and wickedness of the bona fide old-school extreme metal sound. With a malefic storm of barbaric black/thrashing numbers present in the album, Witchgöat is destined to intensify the spirit of the Central American metal underground.
- Bandcamp: https://morbidskull.bandcamp.com/album/egregors-of-the-black-faith
- USA MSR Webshop: https://morbidskullrecords.com/usa/?s=egregors+of+the+black
- Central America MSR Webshop: https://www.morbidskullrecords.com/sv/?s=egregors+of+the+black
- Hell Prod (Thailand) - Email at email@example.com
The 'Releases Of The Year' series are albums chosen by myself as the best release from each country / dependency known to have an official release in the year 2017. These are alphabetized in country order so are easy to navigate. Each award has national flag featured alongside the band name, Release Of The Year' and Facebook link (where provided)
"Release Of The Year" from Croatia
Hereza - "I Become Death"
"Release Of The Year" from Cuba
Narbeleth - "Indomitvs"
"Release Of The Year" from Cyprus
Nekhrah - "Cosmic Apostasy"
"Release Of The Year" from Czech Republic
Naurrakar - "Apogeum"
"Release Of The Year" from Dominican Republic
Metalurgia - "Elementos"
"Release Of The Year" from Ecuador
Gastrorrexis - "Until The Abysmal Torture Ends"
"Release Of The Year" from El Salvador
Odium Enthronement - "We Are Legion Part II"
"Release Of The Year" from England
Silent Descent - "Turn To Grey"
"Release Of The Year" from Finland
Shade Empire - "Poetry of the Ill-Minded"
"Release Of The Year" from Georgia
Project Omega - "Mors Introivit In Orbem Terrarum"
"Release Of The Year" from Germany
Xandria - "Theater of Dimensions"
"Release Of The Year" from Gibraltar
Angelwings - "The Edge of Innocence"
"Release Of The Year" from Greece
Kin Beneath Chorus - "Invia"
"Release Of The Year" from Guatemala
Bacab - "Lúgubre / Evocación funeral en la profundidad del bosque oscuro"
Norwegian extreme metal titans Ancient have announced their Latin American tour dates and cities, kicking off on September 7th in Mexico. Check out the tour dates below.
Ancient Frontman Zel stated:
"We are very excited and proud to announce the Ancient tour in Latin America in September. This has in many ways been a dream come true for us, to finally tour this corner of the world. The tour that took place in 2007 was not with a full band line-up and I was not even there myself, but this time we will bring the most powerful and energetic line up Ancient has ever had, with Mr. Nick Barker himself on the drums!!
A lot of fans from countries like Honduras, Puerto Rico, Bolivia, Venezuela and especially Brazil, have been writing to us asking why we will not visit these places during the tour. The thing is, that it does not depend on the band, we would play in every single country if we had the chance. These decisions are always made by the booking agency and the local promoters in each country. Sometimes the expenses (especially with travelling) are simply too high to make it happen, but we will do our best to return again with an even bigger tour next time !!! Let's keep the Ancient spirit alive !!"
South American Tour 2017:
September 7 Mexico - Merida Yucatan
September 8 Mexico - San Luis Potosi
September 9 Mexico - Mexico City
September 10 Guatemala - Guatemala City
September 12 El Salvador - San Salvador
September 13 Costa Rica - San José
September 15 Colombia - Cali
September 16 Colombia - Bogotà
September 17 Ecuador - Quito
September 19 Peru - Lima
September 20 Chile - Santiago
September 21 Argentina - Buenos Aires
ANCIENT: http://www.facebook.com/ancientband | http://www.ancientband.net
EMP LABEL GROUP: http://empmerch.com – http://emplabelgroup.com
SOULSELLER RECORDS: http://www.soulsellerrecords.com
Part 1/5 of releases of the year.
These releases represent national scenes and are not a general 'release of the year' (just to clarify)
Click your flag to see what release this year is considered the best from your national scene of 2016 - these are picked by the editor.
Global Metal Apocalypse
Battle Of The Bands
Brutal Death Metal
Violent Pop Metal