Groundbreaking Indonesian trio Voice Of Baceprot return with their triumphant new single 'PMS'. Stream here: https://li.sten.to/vob-pms
'PMS', short for perempuan merdeka seutuhnya ("completely independent women") is an anthem for the ages. The single celebrates women who are breaking stereotypes and boundaries in all forms.
The origin of 'PMS' came from conditions close to Voice Of Baceprot's background, when the band members still lived in their village in rural Indonesia.
A conservative community, there are few career options for women after school - by choosing a career in music, Voice Of Baceprot have been marked by some as an anomaly or rebel in their community. 'PMS' is then a solidarity call for all women who face the same problems but march on regardless, to keep doing what they love.
The new single cements the group's position as one of the most exciting musical voices from Southeast Asia, and follows their huge performance at Wacken Open Air 2022, among other European festivals this summer.
The all-female trio Voice Of Baceprot have made headlines globally with their music, a fresh take on metal, rap-rock, and funk metal. Formed in 2014 in school in rural Indonesia, the three schoolgirls - Marsya (vocals and guitar), Widi (bass), andSitti (drums) - aged 14, began a musical revolution.
Initially drawn to covers of System Of A Down, Rage Against The Machine, Metallica, and Slipknot among others, Voice Of Baceprot soon found their unique authentic voice. True to their name, given 'Baceprot' in Sundanese translates as 'loud'.Voice Of Baceprot's debut video, 2018's 'School Revolution', their thrash-funk metal amalgam, has gathered nearly two million views. It is a searing track, raising awareness about the inequality of education, and helped fully stamp VOB's name on the global map. Since then, the group have gone from strength to strength, releasing follow up singles 'God, Allow Me (Please) to Play Music', and 2022's '[NOT] PUBLIC PROPERTY'.
Since their formation, Voice Of Baceprot's Marsya, Sitti, and Widi have been using their music to build their voices as activists and to raise awareness of the violations of women's rights globally. Their activism is only increasing and becoming more powerful as the trio age. This is reflected in the single '[NOT] PUBLIC PROPERTY', released in conjunction with the WoW Foundation and Indonesian crowdfunding platform Kitabisa to collect donations for victims of sexual violence and abuse.
Voice Of Baceprot are:
Global Metal Apocalypse (GMA) Awards 2021 - Metal Release Of The Year (by country / territory)
So we now know who the winners of the GMA Awards 2021 were, but to wrap up the event in it's entirety and bid farewell to 2021 and usher in 2022, we must turn to the last bunch of awards - 'Metal Release By Country / Area'.
Usually these would include the flag of the band's nation, but given the events in Afghanistan this year among other political turmoil, I felt it would be prudent to forgo any flags and just list the winners.... so without further ado here are the....
"Under The Verdict"
"The Search For
The Dark Star"
"Beyond Unseen Gateways"
"In The Mouth Of Madness"
Black Serpent Ritual
BOSNIA - HERZEGOVINA
"Abyss Of Lost Souls"
"A Whole New Land"
"暮色绽放 Twilight Blooming"
Act Of Denial
Cycles Of Revocation
"Capítulo 1: Repugnante Negocio Del Terror"
Ghosts Of Atlantis
"A Legacy Of Vengeance"
"Lullabies Of Mountain Beasts"
"Empire Of Sins"
ISLE OF MAN
Serenity In Murder
"Midnight Bloody Dances"
"Te Ho Ngeza"
"Cold In Our Hearts"
"Sub Cultura Urii"
Scorn Of Creation
"Todas Las Sangres"
"Eulogy For The Gods"
Dethrone The Corrupted
"The Amygdaloid Decay"
Seraph In Travail
"A Black Death Incense"
"Covered in Concrete"
From The Abyss
"Carving The Fires Of Akhet"
"Chronicles Of War"
"Throne Of Control"
Her Last Sight
"Monument Of Reclamation"
"Mankind / Obsolete"
"Decades Of Suffering"
"The Constitutional Sacrifice"
The Iridium Experiment
"The Order Of Satan's Rage"
Deep Inside Us
"Untitled 2021 Demo"
"Death To Traitors"
"The Ultimate Dream. Plan B: Disposal Of Humanity"
"Belong To Hell"
"Ashes Of Dead Worlds"
"Annihilation Of Mankind"
"Vol. 4: Toxicolandia"
Apes Of God
"En El Recinto De La Tempestad"
Sol Draconi Septem
Beneath The Void
"Attack Of The 50ft Lobsters"
"The Inheritance Of Beauty"
"Gurus Of Destruction"
"Chaos Of Fear"
Becoming The Entity
"Signs Of Saturn"
"Empire Of Glass"
Robot Death Monkey
"Shame Of The Proud Angel"
"A Common Theories"
"Prelude To The Apocalypse"
"A Lip To Earth, A Lip To Heaven & A Tongue To The Stars"
"Punishment In The World To Come"
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
"Terror in Thrace"
The Only Survivor
"The Birth Of Anger"
"Thy Kingdom Kong"
Indonesian brutal death metallers Anthropophagus Depravity to release 'Apocalypto' via Comatose Music on July 2nd
From Yogyakarta in Indonesia, a country known throughout the metal world for its array of bands addicted to the rush of savagery and brutish violence, comes Anthropophagus Depravity – a band whose music is steeped in blood and terror beyond all hope of redemption. Their debut album is a gory tale of human sacrifice and mutilation delivered with fearsome musical prowess and ruthless, relentless force. Spawned from nightmares, Apocalypto is upon us...
Since forming in 2016 Anthropophagus Depravity have made rapid progress through the ranks of the Indonesian underground, establishing themselves as one of the most potent forces in the scene’s many heavy artillery battalions – and with Apocalypto they have delivered an album that will secure their place at the top table of brutal death metal. This record radiates fear and panic, it reeks of the cold sweat of bad dreams and each track seethes with wicked cruelty and ignites into lung-burning explosions of vehement ferocity. The combination of terrifying atmosphere and merciless musical muscle borders on the suffocating and panic-inducing. All consuming tracks like ‘Escape From The Dead Lands’ and ‘Temple Of Sacrifice’ make Apocalypto one of the most effective and exciting brutal death metal releases you’ll hear this year.
Like a predator sniffing blood, Comatose Music homed in on Anthropophagus Depravity last year and secured their collective signature – truly a marriage made in the deepest caverns of Xibalba! July 2nd is the date decreed for the release of Apocalyto, so prepare yourself for hymns of sacrificial slaughter, visions of death and pulverising death metal power. Terror such as you have never known awaits!
For more information on Anthropophagus Depravity click here
Visit Anthropophagus Depravity on Facebook
Visit Comatose Music here
Indonesian death metallers Detritivor release new album 'Scattered Remains' via Brutal Mind
Indonesia's Detritivor deliver the Death Metal goods on debut album Scattered Remains, which was released last month on Indonesian extreme metal powerhouse Brutal Mind.
The new platter of splatter from Detritivor features eight songs (plus an intro) of Death Metal that is firmly rooted in the old school, yet powered by a modern sound for maximum annihilation! Those who worship at the Altar of Death are strongly advised to check out yet another fine addition to the Indonesian scene, as well as Brutal Mind's already impressive roster.
None other than the legendary Chris Barnes (Six Feet Under, ex-Cannibal Corpse) gave his seal of approval to Detritivor, as seen in this video! The band share their own thoughts about Scattered Remains, the Indonesian scene and, well, Death Metal in a video that can be viewed at this location.
1. PRELUDE OF ABHORRENCE
2. MORBID SANITY [Lyric Video]
3. DEAD IN CRUELTY
4. INNOCENT BLOOD
5. SLICING VICTIM
6. HATEFUL INCISION
7. BLEED AND BUTCHERED
9. STAINED INFLICTED
- Bandcamp: brutalmind.bandcamp.com/album/scattered-remnants
- Brutal Mind Store: https://tinyurl.com/tfntfffa
- IndieMerch: https://tinyurl.com/ydjenx2f
- YouTube (Album Stream): youtu.be/-v-wUjFJLjU
- Aryo - Drums
- Dimex - Guitars
- Ecky - Guitars
- Agung - Vocals
Indonesian brutal death crew Decayed Flesh unveil official video for "Sclerosis"
Indonesian Brutal Death Metal trio Decayed Flesh have released the official video for "Sclerosis," a track from last year's Eternal Misery album. Check out the video at youtu.be/39tyg9V7pqM
Eternal Misery was released June 13 on Brutal Mind. Purchase and stream it below!
- Bandcamp: brutalmind.bandcamp.com/album/eternal-misery-2
- Brutal Mind: tinyurl.com/yxjd33xa
- YouTube: youtu.be/E7DoyOg0hF4
On Eternal Misery, intensity, detailed riffage, and powerful songwriting are brought to you by these vicious flesh eaters. The album contains 10 tracks of pure brutal death metal, reminding one of a past golden era. Recommend for fans of DEEDS OF FLESH, SEVERED SAVIOR, and INVERACITY.
- Lukman Robi Andika (Drums)
- Anggit Rizky (Bass And Vocals)
- Wasis Setiawan (Guitar And Vocals)
Indonesian brutal death metallers Sufism release debut album "Republik Rakyat Jelata via Brutal Mind
Republik Rakyat Jelata, the debut album from the Indonesian brutal death metal band Sufism, is out now via Brutal Mind.
Republik Rakyat Jelata contains 10 massive brutal songs which total just shy of a half an hour! The lyrics generally address topics concerning the nation of Indonesia, as well as Indonesian culture.
The album can be streamed and / or purchased at the links below.
- Bandcamp: brutalmind.bandcamp.com/album/republik-rakyat-jelata
- Brutal Mind Store: https://tinyurl.com/y34dmko2
- YouTube: youtu.be/aYyWr-QUwN0
Iman - Bass
Ari - Drums
Nanang - Vocals
Sandi - Guitar
Indonesian death metallers Kaligula releases official video for "Retorika Elite"
Indonesian Death Metal Gang Kaligula have released the official video for "Retorika Elite," a track from new album Doctrination of Atisamdha.
"Retorika Elite" (Official Video) - youtu.be/TjR2ewVO-yU
Brutal Mind released debut album Doctrination of Atisamdha on November 10. Those looking for a catchy, heavy, Indonesian Death Metal sound would do well to check out these rising stars!
The album can be streamed and/or purchased at the links below.
- Bandcamp: brutalmind.bandcamp.com/album/doctrination-of-atisamdha
- Brutal Mind Store: https://tinyurl.com/yyxcjgeq
- YouTube: youtu.be/yazeafucxEU
- Spotify: open.spotify.com/album/1GByH9tw0m2pGISjXAjPrr
- Apple Music: music.apple.com/us/album/doctrination-of-atisamdha/1538580608
Wahyu - Bass
Monot - Drums
van'death - Guitars
Bayoe - Vocals
Indonesian Atmospheric Black Metal project Pure Wrath drops new single; The Forlorn Soldier EP out in March
Invisible Oranges is currently streaming "Children Of The Homeland" from Indonesian atmospheric / symphonic black metal project Pure Wrath, spearheaded by multi-instrumentalist Januaryo Hardy. The track comes by way of Hardy's impending new EP, The Forlorn Soldier EP, set to drop March 6th via Debemur Morti Productions.
An emotive three-track, near-half-hour exploration of events behind a brutal incident during the '60s genocide in Indonesia where male members of a family were kidnapped and "vanished" by a tyrannical army in the name of "so-called nationalism," The Forlorn Soldier is darker and more expansive than previous works. With its powerful, melodic cascades, impassioned vocals, skilled guest drum work by Yurii Kononov (ex-White Ward), and piano contributions by Dice Midyanti (Victorian), the effort journeys to an all-encompassing realm where mythic dreamscapes meet bloody thematic realism.
Hear Pure Wrath's "Children Of The Homeland," alongside an interview with Hardy, at This location.
Pure Wrath's The Forlorn Soldier will be released worldwide on digipak MCD, 10" MLP, special edition 10" MLP, and digital formats. Find pre ordering options below:
North America: https://debemurmorti.aisamerch.com/band/pure-wrath
Pure Wrath initially began as a primitive black metal solo project in 2014 before Hardy shifted
focus a bit "to be more open and realistic to my real life and family history." In early 2017, Pure Wrath 's Ascetic Eventide was released via Indonesian label, Hitam Kelam Records. The record received an overwhelmingly positive response and sold out in just four months. Throats Productions in Mexico issued the record on vinyl later that year followed by a split release between Pure Wrath and French symphonic black metal project, Onirism, entitled Endless Journey. By 2018, Hardy unveiled his second full length, Sempiternal Wisdom, via a joint collaboration with Hitam Kelam and China's Pest Productions. This year's The Forlorn Soldier EP serves as a thematic bridge from Sempiternal Wisdom to Pure Wrath's as-yet-untitled third opus, to be released via Debemur Morti Productions.
GMA Awards 2019 - The Results
After one month of voting, nearly 6,000 votes cast and countless sharing across all social media platforms by us and nominees alike, the time has come to announce the winners of the GMA Awards 2019.
But before that happens, there will be a change to how the nominees are cast. For 10 months of the year we will be running a series of rounds from which the 10 finalists will be recognised for the annual event.
The system will work as thus: nominees elected in the month of January are voted for in February... February nominees voted in March, etc and finishes with nominees in October being voted for in November - the finalists will then be voted for across the month of December and into early January 2021; finishing 8th January 2021.
Now that's put out into the open, we can finally reveal the winners of the GMA Awards 2019.
Release Of The Year
- Fleshgod Apocalypse - Veleno (19.8%)
- Eluveitie - Ategnatos (16.6%)
- Jinjer - Macro (13.9%)
- Oomph! - Ritual (9.2%)
- Kryptos - Afterburner (7.4%)
- Tyr - Hel (7.1%)
- Unleash The Archers - Explorers (7.1%)
- Myrath - Shehili (7%)
- Sabaton - The Great War (6.9%)
- The Hu - The Gereg (4.9%)
Best Live Act
- Jinjer (The Ukraine) - (27.6%)
- Eluveitie (Switzerland) - (15.2%)
- Sabaton (Sweden) - (11.3%)
- Alien Weaponry (New Zealand) - (9.9%)
- Myrath (Tunisia) - (9.1%)
- Lacuna Coil (Italy) - (8.2%)
- Underside (Nepal) - (7.2%)
- Crescent (Egypt) - (4.9%)
- Hatari (Iceland) - (3.6%)
- Odd Crew (Bulgaria) - (3%)
Breakthrough African Metal Band
- Mythos (Egypt) - (35.5%)
- Berzek (Algeria) - (11.3%)
- My Veins (Madagascar) - (9%)
- Iron Sliver (Gabon) - (8.1%)
- Woltemade (South Africa) - (6.7%)
- Roar Of Heroes (Cameroon) - (6.7%)
- Nebulosa Difusa (Angola) - (5.9%)
- Oydis (Libya) - (5.6%)
- Arka'n (Togo) - (5.6%)
- Kawn (Morocco) - (5.5%)
Breakthrough Asian Metal Band
- Trainwreck (Bangladesh) - (35%)
- Mary's Blood (Japan) - (21.1%)
- Bloodywood (India) - (10.4%)
- Slaves To Sirens (The Lebanon) - (6.6%)
- The Dead Sea (Jordan) - (5.5%)
- Ekwon (Iran) - (5.4%)
- Holy Dragons (Kazakhstan) - (5.1%)
- Reign In Slumber (Cambodia) - (4.2%)
- Afreet (Afghanistan) - (3.3%)
- Fecundation (South Korea) - (3.3%)
Breakthrough European Metal Band
- Odd Crew (Bulgaria) - (17.1%)
- Forever Still (Denmark) - (12.7%)
- Elusion (Belgium) - (11.6%)
- Setheist (Poland) - (11.2%)
- Synlakross (Spain) - (8.8%)
- Scarleth (The Ukraine) - (8.2%)
- E-An-Na (Romania) - (7.9%)
- Awakening Sun (Lithuania) - (7.8%)
- Kobold (Serbia) - (7.3%)
- Crossbones (Albania) - (7.3%)
Breakthrough UK Metal Band
- Black Pyre (Wales) - (20.6%)
- Aeons (Isle Of Man) - (14.6%)
- Inferiem (Scotland) - (10.4%)
- Fear Bound (England) - (10.3%)
- Zombified (Northern Ireland) - (9.9%)
- Pravitas (England) - (9.6%)
- Dog Tired (Scotland) - (7.5%)
- Djinova (England) - (6.9%)
- Outright Resistance (England) - (6.2%)
- Byzanthian Neckbeard (Guernsey) - (3.9%)
Breakthrough North & Central American Metal Band
- Astaroth Incarnate (Canada) - (32.8%)
- Human Equation (Mexico) - (11.6%)
- From The Graves (Cuba) - (10.9%)
- Reactor (El Salvador) - (8.4%)
- Stromptha (Greenland) - (7.6%)
- Athica (Panama) - (7.5%)
- Redhead Match (Costa Rica) - (6.1%)
- Gangrena Cerebral (Dominican Republic) - (5.2%)
- Transgresión (Puerto Rico) - (5.1%)
- Aversia (Nicaragua) - (4.9%)
Breakthrough Oceanian Metal Band
- Scythian Fate (Australia) - (26.2%)
- Sons Of Solomon (Solomon Islands) - (16.1%)
- Hunt The Witch (New Zealand) - (13.1%)
- Abide Till Death (Papua New Guinea) - (8%)
- Shepherd's Reign (New Zealand) - (7.6%)
- Surrender The Thief (Guam) - (6.6%)
- Redsphere (New Caledonia) - (6%)
- The Relativ (Fiji) - (5.9%)
- Dropvkal (Vanuatu) - (5.5%)
- Pōturu (French Polynesia) - (5%)
Breakthrough South American Metal Band
- Suicidal Drinkers (Argentina) - (17.1%)
- Visceral Decay (Ecuador) - (13.3%)
- Maze Of Terror (Peru) - (12.2%)
- Holder Of Souls (Brazil) - (12.1%)
- Inner Betrayer (Colombia) - (9.5%)
- Weight Of Emptiness (Chile) - (8.7%)
- Khymor (Paraguay) - (7.9%)
- Territory (Uruguay) - (7.1%)
- Worship The Pestilence (Bolivia) - (6.8%)
- Cultura Tres (Venezuela) - (5.4%)
Breakthrough International Metal Band
- Bloodywood (India) - (24.4%)
- Sons Of Solomon (Solomon Islands) - (11.4%)
- Infected Rain (Moldova) - (11.4%)
- Outright Resistance (England) - (9.8%)
- Forever Still (Denmark) - (8.7%)
- Arka'n (Togo) - (8.3%)
- Ade! (Italy) - (8%)
- Redhead Match (Costa Rica) - (6.7%)
- Cultura Tres (Venezuela) + Overthrust (Botswana) - (5.6%) - tied on vote numbers.
Festival Of The Year
- Bloodstock Open Air (England) - (28.4%)
- Heavy MTL (Canada) - (22%)
- Bangalore Open Air (India) - (17.8%)
- Copenhell (Denmark) - (6.4%)
- Eindhoven Metal Meeting (The Netherlands) - (5.4%)
- Goathell (Croatia) - (4.5%)
- Hard Rock Laager (Estonia) - (4.5%)
- Eistnaflug (Iceland) - (4.1%)
- Kaltenbach Open Air (Austria) - (3.8%)
- Hammersonic (Indonesia) - (3.1%)
Music Video Of The Year
- Rammstein - 'Deutschland' - (21.6%)
- Fleshgod Apocalypse - 'Sugar' - (21.2%)
- Eluveitie - 'Ategnatos' - (12.8%)
- Jinjer - 'On The Top' - (11.6%)
- Myrath - 'Born To Survive' - (8%)
- Sabaton - 'Bismarck' - (7.9%)
- Alien Weaponry - 'Blinded' - (7.2%)
- Arka'n - 'Tears Of The Dead' - (4.6%)
- Underside - 'Wild' - (3.2%)
- Oomph! - 'Tausend Mann Und Ein Befehl' (1.9%)
Global Metal Ambassador 2019
- Gojira (France) - (28.1%)
- Freddy Lim (Taiwan) - (21.4%)
- Jake Shuker & Monzer Darwish (Syria) - (9.7%)
- Sahil Makhija (India) - (8%)
- Slaves To Sirens (The Lebanon) - (6.9%)
- Underside (Nepal) - (6.4%)
- Rock Arka'n (Togo) - (4.9%)
- Roy Dipankar (India -'Extreme Nation' director) - (4.6%)
- Overthrust (Botswana) - (4.1%)
- Zarraza (Kazakhstan) - (3.5%)
- World Metal Congress (International) - (2.2%)*
* Later withdrawn by request of nominee.
Indonesian Brutal Death Metallers Fetal Bleeding unleash their new album "The Quest Of Immortality" through Brute! Productions
More than five years since the release of their debut EP, Basa, Basi, Busuk, Indonesia’s Fetal Bleeding have returned with their first full length album; a collection of songs steeped in darkness and drenched in direst cruelty. The Quest Of Immortality summons up images of secret cults, rituals of blood and flesh and ancient knowledge both arcane and obscene, all bound within the framework of some of the most chilling, inhuman brutal death metal imaginable.
From the seething, slithering riff that heralds the arrival of The Quest Of Immortality’s opening track, ‘…As Torture Become Lust’, the listener is wrenched from reality and flung headlong into a shadow world of inconceivable horrors. The utterly inhuman vocals of Yogga Beges speak from within the maelstrom, the voice of a devil from beyond the brink of madness, while the blast beats rain down like a torrent of fire. While there are countless bands that have the ability to impress with their speed, power and savagery, there are few who combine that sonic attack with an atmosphere that chills the blood. Fetal Bleeding will haunt your dreams with their visions of the forbidden and the insidious sense of evil that pervades their caustic creations.
An array of renowned talent from the Indonesian underground has been summoned to contribute their hellish talents to The Quest Of Immortality and the unmistakable sounds of Syn (Undead Daredevil), Panyawat (Intricated), Aditya (Gerogot, Raw, Brain Damage) and Ridho (Gubouckgor Rec, Infitar, Choria) can be heard on horrific hymns like ‘The Useless One Bleeds’. Available now through the depraved machinations of the endlessly evil Brute! Productions, Fetal Bleeding’s The Quest Of Immortality awaits discovery by the brave; those to whom the darkness calls, those who walk with monsters and to whom the conventions of society mean nothing.
For more information on Fetal Bleeding click here
Visit Fetal Bleeding on Facebook
For more information on Brute Productions click here
Visit Brute Productions on Facebook
Global Metal Apocalypse
Battle Of The Bands
Brutal Death Metal
Violent Pop Metal