So we now know who the winners of the GMA Awards 2021 were, but to wrap up the event in it's entirety and bid farewell to 2021 and usher in 2022, we must turn to the last bunch of awards - 'Metal Release By Country / Area'.
Usually these would include the flag of the band's nation, but given the events in Afghanistan this year among other political turmoil, I felt it would be prudent to forgo any flags and just list the winners.... so without further ado here are the....
"Under The Verdict"
"The Search For
The Dark Star"
"Beyond Unseen Gateways"
"In The Mouth Of Madness"
Black Serpent Ritual
BOSNIA - HERZEGOVINA
"Abyss Of Lost Souls"
"A Whole New Land"
"暮色绽放 Twilight Blooming"
Act Of Denial
Cycles Of Revocation
"Capítulo 1: Repugnante Negocio Del Terror"
Ghosts Of Atlantis
"A Legacy Of Vengeance"
"Lullabies Of Mountain Beasts"
"Empire Of Sins"
ISLE OF MAN
Serenity In Murder
"Midnight Bloody Dances"
"Te Ho Ngeza"
"Cold In Our Hearts"
"Sub Cultura Urii"
Scorn Of Creation
"Todas Las Sangres"
"Eulogy For The Gods"
Dethrone The Corrupted
"The Amygdaloid Decay"
Seraph In Travail
"A Black Death Incense"
"Covered in Concrete"
From The Abyss
"Carving The Fires Of Akhet"
"Chronicles Of War"
"Throne Of Control"
Her Last Sight
"Monument Of Reclamation"
"Mankind / Obsolete"
"Decades Of Suffering"
"The Constitutional Sacrifice"
The Iridium Experiment
"The Order Of Satan's Rage"
Deep Inside Us
"Untitled 2021 Demo"
"Death To Traitors"
"The Ultimate Dream. Plan B: Disposal Of Humanity"
"Belong To Hell"
"Ashes Of Dead Worlds"
"Annihilation Of Mankind"
"Vol. 4: Toxicolandia"
Apes Of God
"En El Recinto De La Tempestad"
Sol Draconi Septem
Beneath The Void
"Attack Of The 50ft Lobsters"
"The Inheritance Of Beauty"
"Gurus Of Destruction"
"Chaos Of Fear"
Becoming The Entity
"Signs Of Saturn"
"Empire Of Glass"
Robot Death Monkey
"Shame Of The Proud Angel"
"A Common Theories"
"Prelude To The Apocalypse"
"A Lip To Earth, A Lip To Heaven & A Tongue To The Stars"
"Punishment In The World To Come"
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
"Terror in Thrace"
The Only Survivor
"The Birth Of Anger"
"Thy Kingdom Kong"
Bulgaria’s Storm is releasing a new single “Here I Am”, their third one following Angel (2019) and Sulza (2020). It is a sleek speed metal offering characterized with melodic vocal lines presented often in harmonies, laid against swift tempo and heavy riffs.
According to the band, “Here I Am” is a look inward, where Mihail Bonev (bass, vocals) reflects on coping with personal problems. Compared to the other singles, which are more melodic and slow, this one is, as the band remarks, more sophisticated and accurate. They continue to explain the track:
“We are evolving in playing as well as in producing, which is great. 'Here I Am' is the clearest example so far of what kind of a band we are, in the sense of music. This song best reveals the essence of our music - both the lyric side and the powerful side. We really believe that it will be much liked, we already see our fans enjoying the songs very much. It’s trying to give them the full joy of real original music in the respective genres, not banal cliches or latest modern tunes.”
Initially, Storm was trying to appeal to the commercial side of music, but has now moved past that and is fully embracing the heavier music their audience knows them best for. “Here I Am” is one of the band’s favourites and they are ecstatic to finally be releasing it.
Galvanized by ambition and a desire to pave their own way, Alexander Mladenov (drums, vocals), Mihail Bonev (bass, vocals) started Storm after leaving Atlantic in 2018, they recruited Nikolay Mihaylov (guitar). Fans can expect at least three brand new original songs coming down the pipe, along with two covers of Atlantic songs.
With its promising intro and inspiring riffs, the powerful “Here I Am” is recommended for fans of Helloween, Blind Guardian, and Angra. “Here I Am” is now available as of May 28, 2021 and can be heard on the following platforms:
- YouTube: https://youtu.be/IX4O2xc1XPk
- Bandcamp: Stormbg.bandcamp.com
- Apple Music - https://apple.co/3fXDbdw
- Spotify - https://spoti.fi/2R1qeqz
On December 23rd 2020, the Bulgarian symphonic metal band Metalwings released the first single from their new upcoming album and now they have released the music video for "Monster In The Mirror" (the single was mixed and mastered by Jens Bogren at Fascination Street Studios), watch it here:-
The music and lyrics are by Stela Atanasova, extreme vocals deliveredby guest musician Ivo Kalyonski! This song combines angelic and extreme vocals with the sound of heavy guitars, powerful symphonic parts, wonderful melodic lines, beautiful lyrics and dynamics that keep you in suspense until the last second of the song!
Stela Atanasova also participated in the 'Women Rock Project'. This project was conceived by Jasper de Man for the Belgian YouTube channel Jasper to celebrate the International Women’s Day on March 8th 2021. From that day on he published the whole week, from Monday 8th till Friday 12th over 30 interviews and video compilations. The video from Stela was published on Friday March 12th and you can watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_QQVyxuofQ
- Stela Atanasova - Operatic Vocals, Electric Viola, Keyboards
- Grigor Kostadinov - Guitars
- Angel Kitanov – Keyboards
- Vlad Enev - Bass
- Nikola "Blackie" Ivanov – Drums
- Website: https://metalwings.eu
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/METALWINGSOFFICIAL
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/metalwingsofficial
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/metalwingsofficial/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/metalwingsband
Bulgarian thrash metallers Terravore release their new music video for the song "Journey To The End Of Time". The song is taken from their new album "Vortex Of Perishment" which was released last November 27th via Italian label Punishment 18 Records. The band have planned a promotional tour after the release party in Bulgaria (Sofia, Plovdiv, Varna, Burgas, Kazanlak, Ruse) and in Romania, Serbia and Greece.
Check out the music video here:- https://youtu.be/yTynDMF7Yk4
After one month of voting, nearly 6,000 votes cast and countless sharing across all social media platforms by us and nominees alike, the time has come to announce the winners of the GMA Awards 2019.
But before that happens, there will be a change to how the nominees are cast. For 10 months of the year we will be running a series of rounds from which the 10 finalists will be recognised for the annual event.
The system will work as thus: nominees elected in the month of January are voted for in February... February nominees voted in March, etc and finishes with nominees in October being voted for in November - the finalists will then be voted for across the month of December and into early January 2021; finishing 8th January 2021.
Now that's put out into the open, we can finally reveal the winners of the GMA Awards 2019.
Release Of The Year
- Fleshgod Apocalypse - Veleno (19.8%)
- Eluveitie - Ategnatos (16.6%)
- Jinjer - Macro (13.9%)
- Oomph! - Ritual (9.2%)
- Kryptos - Afterburner (7.4%)
- Tyr - Hel (7.1%)
- Unleash The Archers - Explorers (7.1%)
- Myrath - Shehili (7%)
- Sabaton - The Great War (6.9%)
- The Hu - The Gereg (4.9%)
Best Live Act
- Jinjer (The Ukraine) - (27.6%)
- Eluveitie (Switzerland) - (15.2%)
- Sabaton (Sweden) - (11.3%)
- Alien Weaponry (New Zealand) - (9.9%)
- Myrath (Tunisia) - (9.1%)
- Lacuna Coil (Italy) - (8.2%)
- Underside (Nepal) - (7.2%)
- Crescent (Egypt) - (4.9%)
- Hatari (Iceland) - (3.6%)
- Odd Crew (Bulgaria) - (3%)
Breakthrough African Metal Band
- Mythos (Egypt) - (35.5%)
- Berzek (Algeria) - (11.3%)
- My Veins (Madagascar) - (9%)
- Iron Sliver (Gabon) - (8.1%)
- Woltemade (South Africa) - (6.7%)
- Roar Of Heroes (Cameroon) - (6.7%)
- Nebulosa Difusa (Angola) - (5.9%)
- Oydis (Libya) - (5.6%)
- Arka'n (Togo) - (5.6%)
- Kawn (Morocco) - (5.5%)
Breakthrough Asian Metal Band
- Trainwreck (Bangladesh) - (35%)
- Mary's Blood (Japan) - (21.1%)
- Bloodywood (India) - (10.4%)
- Slaves To Sirens (The Lebanon) - (6.6%)
- The Dead Sea (Jordan) - (5.5%)
- Ekwon (Iran) - (5.4%)
- Holy Dragons (Kazakhstan) - (5.1%)
- Reign In Slumber (Cambodia) - (4.2%)
- Afreet (Afghanistan) - (3.3%)
- Fecundation (South Korea) - (3.3%)
Breakthrough European Metal Band
- Odd Crew (Bulgaria) - (17.1%)
- Forever Still (Denmark) - (12.7%)
- Elusion (Belgium) - (11.6%)
- Setheist (Poland) - (11.2%)
- Synlakross (Spain) - (8.8%)
- Scarleth (The Ukraine) - (8.2%)
- E-An-Na (Romania) - (7.9%)
- Awakening Sun (Lithuania) - (7.8%)
- Kobold (Serbia) - (7.3%)
- Crossbones (Albania) - (7.3%)
Breakthrough UK Metal Band
- Black Pyre (Wales) - (20.6%)
- Aeons (Isle Of Man) - (14.6%)
- Inferiem (Scotland) - (10.4%)
- Fear Bound (England) - (10.3%)
- Zombified (Northern Ireland) - (9.9%)
- Pravitas (England) - (9.6%)
- Dog Tired (Scotland) - (7.5%)
- Djinova (England) - (6.9%)
- Outright Resistance (England) - (6.2%)
- Byzanthian Neckbeard (Guernsey) - (3.9%)
Breakthrough North & Central American Metal Band
- Astaroth Incarnate (Canada) - (32.8%)
- Human Equation (Mexico) - (11.6%)
- From The Graves (Cuba) - (10.9%)
- Reactor (El Salvador) - (8.4%)
- Stromptha (Greenland) - (7.6%)
- Athica (Panama) - (7.5%)
- Redhead Match (Costa Rica) - (6.1%)
- Gangrena Cerebral (Dominican Republic) - (5.2%)
- Transgresión (Puerto Rico) - (5.1%)
- Aversia (Nicaragua) - (4.9%)
Breakthrough Oceanian Metal Band
- Scythian Fate (Australia) - (26.2%)
- Sons Of Solomon (Solomon Islands) - (16.1%)
- Hunt The Witch (New Zealand) - (13.1%)
- Abide Till Death (Papua New Guinea) - (8%)
- Shepherd's Reign (New Zealand) - (7.6%)
- Surrender The Thief (Guam) - (6.6%)
- Redsphere (New Caledonia) - (6%)
- The Relativ (Fiji) - (5.9%)
- Dropvkal (Vanuatu) - (5.5%)
- Pōturu (French Polynesia) - (5%)
Breakthrough South American Metal Band
- Suicidal Drinkers (Argentina) - (17.1%)
- Visceral Decay (Ecuador) - (13.3%)
- Maze Of Terror (Peru) - (12.2%)
- Holder Of Souls (Brazil) - (12.1%)
- Inner Betrayer (Colombia) - (9.5%)
- Weight Of Emptiness (Chile) - (8.7%)
- Khymor (Paraguay) - (7.9%)
- Territory (Uruguay) - (7.1%)
- Worship The Pestilence (Bolivia) - (6.8%)
- Cultura Tres (Venezuela) - (5.4%)
Breakthrough International Metal Band
- Bloodywood (India) - (24.4%)
- Sons Of Solomon (Solomon Islands) - (11.4%)
- Infected Rain (Moldova) - (11.4%)
- Outright Resistance (England) - (9.8%)
- Forever Still (Denmark) - (8.7%)
- Arka'n (Togo) - (8.3%)
- Ade! (Italy) - (8%)
- Redhead Match (Costa Rica) - (6.7%)
- Cultura Tres (Venezuela) + Overthrust (Botswana) - (5.6%) - tied on vote numbers.
Festival Of The Year
- Bloodstock Open Air (England) - (28.4%)
- Heavy MTL (Canada) - (22%)
- Bangalore Open Air (India) - (17.8%)
- Copenhell (Denmark) - (6.4%)
- Eindhoven Metal Meeting (The Netherlands) - (5.4%)
- Goathell (Croatia) - (4.5%)
- Hard Rock Laager (Estonia) - (4.5%)
- Eistnaflug (Iceland) - (4.1%)
- Kaltenbach Open Air (Austria) - (3.8%)
- Hammersonic (Indonesia) - (3.1%)
Music Video Of The Year
- Rammstein - 'Deutschland' - (21.6%)
- Fleshgod Apocalypse - 'Sugar' - (21.2%)
- Eluveitie - 'Ategnatos' - (12.8%)
- Jinjer - 'On The Top' - (11.6%)
- Myrath - 'Born To Survive' - (8%)
- Sabaton - 'Bismarck' - (7.9%)
- Alien Weaponry - 'Blinded' - (7.2%)
- Arka'n - 'Tears Of The Dead' - (4.6%)
- Underside - 'Wild' - (3.2%)
- Oomph! - 'Tausend Mann Und Ein Befehl' (1.9%)
Global Metal Ambassador 2019
- Gojira (France) - (28.1%)
- Freddy Lim (Taiwan) - (21.4%)
- Jake Shuker & Monzer Darwish (Syria) - (9.7%)
- Sahil Makhija (India) - (8%)
- Slaves To Sirens (The Lebanon) - (6.9%)
- Underside (Nepal) - (6.4%)
- Rock Arka'n (Togo) - (4.9%)
- Roy Dipankar (India -'Extreme Nation' director) - (4.6%)
- Overthrust (Botswana) - (4.1%)
- Zarraza (Kazakhstan) - (3.5%)
- World Metal Congress (International) - (2.2%)*
* Later withdrawn by request of nominee.
The great fascination for folklore and its authentic implementation determines the musical and lyric fortunes of these Bulgarian nature lovers since the band was founded in 2011.
In the Rhodopes, the magnificently wooded, majestically towering mountains in South Bulgaria, the stylishly traditional Aegonia feel most comfortable.
The seductively melodic and enormously atmospheric sound of these expressive aesthetes is based on exquisite ingredients from Doom, Gothic and Fantasy Metal.
Most aptly, the quartet's music is described as ATMOSPHERIC FOLKLORE METAL.
01. In The Lands Of Aegonia 03:03
02. Rain Of Tears 08:39
03. With The Mists She Came 06:45
04. Restless Mind 05:09
05. Dreams Come To Me 01:37
06. Battles Lost And Won 08:28
07. The Offer 05:15
08. The Stolen Song 06:41
09. Gone 06:18
10. The Severe Mountain 06:20
11. A Bitter Fate 05:03
12. The Ruins Of Aegonia 01:50
Nikolay Nikolov • Guitars, Kaval, Vocals
Elitsa Stoyanova • Vocals, Violin
Atanas Georgiev • Bass
Ivan Kolev • Drums
With "The Forgotten Song" Aegonia release their deeply touching debut album, which goes extraordinary quickly into the ear.
A noble concept-work that is based on the eponymous fantasy novel by Nea Stand, the first book in the series "Tales From The Lands Of Aegonia".
The song "Samodiva" features a sequel to the story told in "The Maid And The Mountain".
Official music video - YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSyat22vAqM
The accompanying music video was shot at the scenic Krushuna Falls in the summer of 2018.
Aegonia will release their further video in May 2019
Bulgarian thrasher metallers Mosh-Pit Justice has revealed the definitive track-list of their new fourth album titled "Fighting The Poison". The new effort, that will be released in 2019 via Punishment 18 Records, was recorded, mixed and mastered by Staffa at Revenge Studio.
01. Bound To Decay
02. Feed Me To The Flames
03. God Wills It
04. The Serpent’s Call
05. State Of Damnation
06. In The Final OF days
07. Prove Your Faith
08. Forging our Fate
Recently, Bulgarian thrashers Mosh-Pit Justice has signed for Punishment 18 Records that will release their fourth titled "Fighting The Poison". The new effort, that will be released in 2019, was recorded, mixed and mastered by Staffa at Revenge Studio.
Bulgarian thrashers Mosh-Pit Justice has signed for Punishment 18 Records that will release their fourth album next year. The new effeort was recorded, mixed and mastered by Staffa at Revenge Studio. New information wuill follow soon.
Romanian new age melodic metal group Scarlet Aura have been forced to re-organize their proposed tour of the US due to visa issues out of their control (read more on their Facebook page …here). Not to let a bad situation get them down, the band have managed to secure dates in Eastern Europe running from September 22nd to October 25th, so the US loss becomes Europe’s gain. Scarlet Aura will play numerous dates covering Bulgaria, Ukraine, Russia, Latvia, Lithuania and Romania featuring tracks from their forthcoming album Hot’n’Heavy to be released via Sliptrick Records on December 11th. Lucky punters attending the show will have an opportunity to buy the album prior to the official release date direct from the bands merchandise stand.
22.09 | Ruse, BG
28.09 | Kiev, UA
29.09 | Zhelty Vody, UA
30.09 | Zaporozhe, UA
01.10 | Krivoy Rig, UA
02.10 | Kharkov, UA
03.10 | Elec, RUS
04.10 | Voronezh, RUS
05.10 | Bryansk, RUS
06.10 | Ivanovo, RUS
07.10 | Kolomna, RUS
08.10 | Obninsk, RUS
09.10 | Moscow, RUS
11.10 | Riga, LV
12.10 | Liepaja, LV
13.10 | Alytus, LT
25.10 | Suceava, RO
Hot’n’Heavy | Released Dec 11th, 2018 on Sliptrick Records Hot’n’Heavy
Scarlet Aura are:
Aura Danciulescu – Lead Vocals
Mihai Danciulescu – Lead guitar/Vocals
Rene Nistor – Bass
Sorin Ristea – Drums
Official Website | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram | Twitter | VK | On Sliptrick
Global Metal Apocalypse
Battle Of The Bands
Brutal Death Metal
Isle Of Man
Line Up Change
Neue Deutsche Harte
Papua New Guinea
Play Through Video
Violent Pop Metal