In support of their second studio album, Censored, Sofia-based, extreme metal force Gwendydd has just premiered a new music video for the blistering track "Martyrdom"! Censored is out now on Drakkar Entertainment and available at THIS LOCATION.
Gwendydd has developed from an unusual perspective when it comes to the metal scene, as it all started at prime-time TV talent show "The Voice Of Bulgaria". Pop starlet after pop starlet are giving their best to lull the audience with their favourite tearjerker. And then there is this innocent girly voice, performing Taylor Swift’s "Look what you made me do". Both audience and jury feel safe and sound. Until the song reaches the first chorus. What happened then, shocked and electrified the studio audience and a whole country in front of their TVs. With her brutal and angst-inducing death metal growls she seems to be ripping apart the original US pop star and spitting her left-overs all over the studio interior. Shock and joy, curiosity and fear melt into ecstatic cheering and a hurricane of applause.
That girl’s name is Victoria Stoichkova and her performance quickly reached more than five million views on YouTube with a bursting comment section full of enthusiasm and cheering. This was the starting point of a career for sure, and what soon should become a full band and Europe’s next up-and-coming, extreme metal hopes Gwendydd!
Formed in 2018 in Sofia, Bulgaria, and driven by a modern production, complemented by the mastering fingerprint of Max Morton (Jinjer, Ignea,..), the band‘s vibrant blend of wrecking guitar riffs and adrenalizing drums builds up to an extreme-metal avalanche. The perfect carrier for that brute death metal voice, which cuts deep into the flesh of modern society – not only with words but with a message.
Heavy alternative metallers SEVI, have released a music video for 'Hate You'. The new single is mixed and mastered by Kane Churko (Five Finger Death Punch, Ozzy Osbourne, Halestorm), taken from their upcoming 4th album. The YouTube video can be viewed below.
This spring starts with some powerful chords from Sofia, Bulgaria. SEVI worked on the track with the world famous producer and songwriter Kane Churko, who’s name stands along with the projects of some rock and metal giants like Five Finger Death Punch, Ozzy Osbourne, Halestorm and more. Last Saturday the fans of SEVI had the chance to hear “Hate You” for the first time and to see the brand new video on a big concert in Sofia. The band also celebrated their 12th birthday.
Kane Churko said to the fans that "It was a pleasure to work with SEVI on their single "Hate You”. I hope everyone will enjoy the track."
For the co-work, the excitement and the results the vocalist Svetlana Bliznakova said:
“It was a true honuor to work with a producer like Kane Churko. His professional approach brought the track into a new level and defined the small important details that finished the song the way we imagined it to sound. I can’t wait to hear what fans would think”
"Hate you” gives a new different sound to the band without losing their individual stile that gathers fans all over the world. The video of "Hate You” presents a story of the tiny border between love and hate and remind us that we never really know who we are competing with. Fast cars, high voltage, power and original vintage style. Full contrast between the speed on the car track and the band playing on an auto morgue. For the video shoot the SEVI trusted the Dark-White vision team who worked on their latest single “Dark Knight”. The song is already available in the official YouTube channel of SEVI and all their music platforms such as Spotify, iTunes and Amazon.
Known as one of the most successful rock bands in Bulgaria, SEVI captured the public attention with their original and recognizable style, the powerful female vocals and melodic songs that can be often heard on the radio.
After signing to Drakkar Entertainment and announcing the release date of their new studio album Dark Matters (Part I), Bulgarians Odd Crew are now sharing the latest taste of the record. The band drops the new track "Farewell" alongside a black and white emotionally shattering video that will have viewers questioning just what to feel.
“Farewell” is the third single taken of Dark Matters (Part I), which was recorded in Odd Crew’s own “ButcherHouse” Studio in Sofia and produced and mixed by the band themselves.
Guitarist Vasil Parvanovski comments:
“We wanted to make a massive and interesting album that includes both lighter catchy vocal parts and emotionally heavier instrumental parts as well. An album that tells many stories. “Farewell” is a song that can make you think about how fast time passes and that we don’t have enough time to enjoy everything around us. Тhe video shows how fast we go through life until we reach the very last station of it when it’s time to say “goodbye”.
Last week the band launched an official fan-club called the S.P.R.F. Crew. It’s an exclusive section on their website www.oddcrew.net - in which a members-only content will be uploaded every week.
Odd Crew's new album, Dark Matters (Part I), will be out on May 27, PRE-ORDER HERE!
So we now know who the winners of the GMA Awards 2021 were, but to wrap up the event in it's entirety and bid farewell to 2021 and usher in 2022, we must turn to the last bunch of awards - 'Metal Release By Country / Area'.
Usually these would include the flag of the band's nation, but given the events in Afghanistan this year among other political turmoil, I felt it would be prudent to forgo any flags and just list the winners.... so without further ado here are the....
"Under The Verdict"
"The Search For
The Dark Star"
"Beyond Unseen Gateways"
"In The Mouth Of Madness"
Black Serpent Ritual
BOSNIA - HERZEGOVINA
"Abyss Of Lost Souls"
"A Whole New Land"
"暮色绽放 Twilight Blooming"
Act Of Denial
Cycles Of Revocation
"Capítulo 1: Repugnante Negocio Del Terror"
Ghosts Of Atlantis
"A Legacy Of Vengeance"
"Lullabies Of Mountain Beasts"
"Empire Of Sins"
ISLE OF MAN
Serenity In Murder
"Midnight Bloody Dances"
"Te Ho Ngeza"
"Cold In Our Hearts"
"Sub Cultura Urii"
Scorn Of Creation
"Todas Las Sangres"
"Eulogy For The Gods"
Dethrone The Corrupted
"The Amygdaloid Decay"
Seraph In Travail
"A Black Death Incense"
"Covered in Concrete"
From The Abyss
"Carving The Fires Of Akhet"
"Chronicles Of War"
"Throne Of Control"
Her Last Sight
"Monument Of Reclamation"
"Mankind / Obsolete"
"Decades Of Suffering"
"The Constitutional Sacrifice"
The Iridium Experiment
"The Order Of Satan's Rage"
Deep Inside Us
"Untitled 2021 Demo"
"Death To Traitors"
"The Ultimate Dream. Plan B: Disposal Of Humanity"
"Belong To Hell"
"Ashes Of Dead Worlds"
"Annihilation Of Mankind"
"Vol. 4: Toxicolandia"
Apes Of God
"En El Recinto De La Tempestad"
Sol Draconi Septem
Beneath The Void
"Attack Of The 50ft Lobsters"
"The Inheritance Of Beauty"
"Gurus Of Destruction"
"Chaos Of Fear"
Becoming The Entity
"Signs Of Saturn"
"Empire Of Glass"
Robot Death Monkey
"Shame Of The Proud Angel"
"A Common Theories"
"Prelude To The Apocalypse"
"A Lip To Earth, A Lip To Heaven & A Tongue To The Stars"
"Punishment In The World To Come"
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
"Terror in Thrace"
The Only Survivor
"The Birth Of Anger"
"Thy Kingdom Kong"
Bulgaria’s Storm is releasing a new single “Here I Am”, their third one following Angel (2019) and Sulza (2020). It is a sleek speed metal offering characterized with melodic vocal lines presented often in harmonies, laid against swift tempo and heavy riffs.
According to the band, “Here I Am” is a look inward, where Mihail Bonev (bass, vocals) reflects on coping with personal problems. Compared to the other singles, which are more melodic and slow, this one is, as the band remarks, more sophisticated and accurate. They continue to explain the track:
“We are evolving in playing as well as in producing, which is great. 'Here I Am' is the clearest example so far of what kind of a band we are, in the sense of music. This song best reveals the essence of our music - both the lyric side and the powerful side. We really believe that it will be much liked, we already see our fans enjoying the songs very much. It’s trying to give them the full joy of real original music in the respective genres, not banal cliches or latest modern tunes.”
Initially, Storm was trying to appeal to the commercial side of music, but has now moved past that and is fully embracing the heavier music their audience knows them best for. “Here I Am” is one of the band’s favourites and they are ecstatic to finally be releasing it.
Galvanized by ambition and a desire to pave their own way, Alexander Mladenov (drums, vocals), Mihail Bonev (bass, vocals) started Storm after leaving Atlantic in 2018, they recruited Nikolay Mihaylov (guitar). Fans can expect at least three brand new original songs coming down the pipe, along with two covers of Atlantic songs.
With its promising intro and inspiring riffs, the powerful “Here I Am” is recommended for fans of Helloween, Blind Guardian, and Angra. “Here I Am” is now available as of May 28, 2021 and can be heard on the following platforms:
- YouTube: https://youtu.be/IX4O2xc1XPk
- Bandcamp: Stormbg.bandcamp.com
- Apple Music - https://apple.co/3fXDbdw
- Spotify - https://spoti.fi/2R1qeqz
On December 23rd 2020, the Bulgarian symphonic metal band Metalwings released the first single from their new upcoming album and now they have released the music video for "Monster In The Mirror" (the single was mixed and mastered by Jens Bogren at Fascination Street Studios), watch it here:-
The music and lyrics are by Stela Atanasova, extreme vocals deliveredby guest musician Ivo Kalyonski! This song combines angelic and extreme vocals with the sound of heavy guitars, powerful symphonic parts, wonderful melodic lines, beautiful lyrics and dynamics that keep you in suspense until the last second of the song!
Stela Atanasova also participated in the 'Women Rock Project'. This project was conceived by Jasper de Man for the Belgian YouTube channel Jasper to celebrate the International Women’s Day on March 8th 2021. From that day on he published the whole week, from Monday 8th till Friday 12th over 30 interviews and video compilations. The video from Stela was published on Friday March 12th and you can watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_QQVyxuofQ
- Stela Atanasova - Operatic Vocals, Electric Viola, Keyboards
- Grigor Kostadinov - Guitars
- Angel Kitanov – Keyboards
- Vlad Enev - Bass
- Nikola "Blackie" Ivanov – Drums
- Website: https://metalwings.eu
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/METALWINGSOFFICIAL
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/metalwingsofficial
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/metalwingsofficial/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/metalwingsband
Bulgarian thrash metallers Terravore release their new music video for the song "Journey To The End Of Time". The song is taken from their new album "Vortex Of Perishment" which was released last November 27th via Italian label Punishment 18 Records. The band have planned a promotional tour after the release party in Bulgaria (Sofia, Plovdiv, Varna, Burgas, Kazanlak, Ruse) and in Romania, Serbia and Greece.
Check out the music video here:- https://youtu.be/yTynDMF7Yk4
After one month of voting, nearly 6,000 votes cast and countless sharing across all social media platforms by us and nominees alike, the time has come to announce the winners of the GMA Awards 2019.
But before that happens, there will be a change to how the nominees are cast. For 10 months of the year we will be running a series of rounds from which the 10 finalists will be recognised for the annual event.
The system will work as thus: nominees elected in the month of January are voted for in February... February nominees voted in March, etc and finishes with nominees in October being voted for in November - the finalists will then be voted for across the month of December and into early January 2021; finishing 8th January 2021.
Now that's put out into the open, we can finally reveal the winners of the GMA Awards 2019.
Release Of The Year
- Fleshgod Apocalypse - Veleno (19.8%)
- Eluveitie - Ategnatos (16.6%)
- Jinjer - Macro (13.9%)
- Oomph! - Ritual (9.2%)
- Kryptos - Afterburner (7.4%)
- Tyr - Hel (7.1%)
- Unleash The Archers - Explorers (7.1%)
- Myrath - Shehili (7%)
- Sabaton - The Great War (6.9%)
- The Hu - The Gereg (4.9%)
Best Live Act
- Jinjer (The Ukraine) - (27.6%)
- Eluveitie (Switzerland) - (15.2%)
- Sabaton (Sweden) - (11.3%)
- Alien Weaponry (New Zealand) - (9.9%)
- Myrath (Tunisia) - (9.1%)
- Lacuna Coil (Italy) - (8.2%)
- Underside (Nepal) - (7.2%)
- Crescent (Egypt) - (4.9%)
- Hatari (Iceland) - (3.6%)
- Odd Crew (Bulgaria) - (3%)
Breakthrough African Metal Band
- Mythos (Egypt) - (35.5%)
- Berzek (Algeria) - (11.3%)
- My Veins (Madagascar) - (9%)
- Iron Sliver (Gabon) - (8.1%)
- Woltemade (South Africa) - (6.7%)
- Roar Of Heroes (Cameroon) - (6.7%)
- Nebulosa Difusa (Angola) - (5.9%)
- Oydis (Libya) - (5.6%)
- Arka'n (Togo) - (5.6%)
- Kawn (Morocco) - (5.5%)
Breakthrough Asian Metal Band
- Trainwreck (Bangladesh) - (35%)
- Mary's Blood (Japan) - (21.1%)
- Bloodywood (India) - (10.4%)
- Slaves To Sirens (The Lebanon) - (6.6%)
- The Dead Sea (Jordan) - (5.5%)
- Ekwon (Iran) - (5.4%)
- Holy Dragons (Kazakhstan) - (5.1%)
- Reign In Slumber (Cambodia) - (4.2%)
- Afreet (Afghanistan) - (3.3%)
- Fecundation (South Korea) - (3.3%)
Breakthrough European Metal Band
- Odd Crew (Bulgaria) - (17.1%)
- Forever Still (Denmark) - (12.7%)
- Elusion (Belgium) - (11.6%)
- Setheist (Poland) - (11.2%)
- Synlakross (Spain) - (8.8%)
- Scarleth (The Ukraine) - (8.2%)
- E-An-Na (Romania) - (7.9%)
- Awakening Sun (Lithuania) - (7.8%)
- Kobold (Serbia) - (7.3%)
- Crossbones (Albania) - (7.3%)
Breakthrough UK Metal Band
- Black Pyre (Wales) - (20.6%)
- Aeons (Isle Of Man) - (14.6%)
- Inferiem (Scotland) - (10.4%)
- Fear Bound (England) - (10.3%)
- Zombified (Northern Ireland) - (9.9%)
- Pravitas (England) - (9.6%)
- Dog Tired (Scotland) - (7.5%)
- Djinova (England) - (6.9%)
- Outright Resistance (England) - (6.2%)
- Byzanthian Neckbeard (Guernsey) - (3.9%)
Breakthrough North & Central American Metal Band
- Astaroth Incarnate (Canada) - (32.8%)
- Human Equation (Mexico) - (11.6%)
- From The Graves (Cuba) - (10.9%)
- Reactor (El Salvador) - (8.4%)
- Stromptha (Greenland) - (7.6%)
- Athica (Panama) - (7.5%)
- Redhead Match (Costa Rica) - (6.1%)
- Gangrena Cerebral (Dominican Republic) - (5.2%)
- Transgresión (Puerto Rico) - (5.1%)
- Aversia (Nicaragua) - (4.9%)
Breakthrough Oceanian Metal Band
- Scythian Fate (Australia) - (26.2%)
- Sons Of Solomon (Solomon Islands) - (16.1%)
- Hunt The Witch (New Zealand) - (13.1%)
- Abide Till Death (Papua New Guinea) - (8%)
- Shepherd's Reign (New Zealand) - (7.6%)
- Surrender The Thief (Guam) - (6.6%)
- Redsphere (New Caledonia) - (6%)
- The Relativ (Fiji) - (5.9%)
- Dropvkal (Vanuatu) - (5.5%)
- Pōturu (French Polynesia) - (5%)
Breakthrough South American Metal Band
- Suicidal Drinkers (Argentina) - (17.1%)
- Visceral Decay (Ecuador) - (13.3%)
- Maze Of Terror (Peru) - (12.2%)
- Holder Of Souls (Brazil) - (12.1%)
- Inner Betrayer (Colombia) - (9.5%)
- Weight Of Emptiness (Chile) - (8.7%)
- Khymor (Paraguay) - (7.9%)
- Territory (Uruguay) - (7.1%)
- Worship The Pestilence (Bolivia) - (6.8%)
- Cultura Tres (Venezuela) - (5.4%)
Breakthrough International Metal Band
- Bloodywood (India) - (24.4%)
- Sons Of Solomon (Solomon Islands) - (11.4%)
- Infected Rain (Moldova) - (11.4%)
- Outright Resistance (England) - (9.8%)
- Forever Still (Denmark) - (8.7%)
- Arka'n (Togo) - (8.3%)
- Ade! (Italy) - (8%)
- Redhead Match (Costa Rica) - (6.7%)
- Cultura Tres (Venezuela) + Overthrust (Botswana) - (5.6%) - tied on vote numbers.
Festival Of The Year
- Bloodstock Open Air (England) - (28.4%)
- Heavy MTL (Canada) - (22%)
- Bangalore Open Air (India) - (17.8%)
- Copenhell (Denmark) - (6.4%)
- Eindhoven Metal Meeting (The Netherlands) - (5.4%)
- Goathell (Croatia) - (4.5%)
- Hard Rock Laager (Estonia) - (4.5%)
- Eistnaflug (Iceland) - (4.1%)
- Kaltenbach Open Air (Austria) - (3.8%)
- Hammersonic (Indonesia) - (3.1%)
Music Video Of The Year
- Rammstein - 'Deutschland' - (21.6%)
- Fleshgod Apocalypse - 'Sugar' - (21.2%)
- Eluveitie - 'Ategnatos' - (12.8%)
- Jinjer - 'On The Top' - (11.6%)
- Myrath - 'Born To Survive' - (8%)
- Sabaton - 'Bismarck' - (7.9%)
- Alien Weaponry - 'Blinded' - (7.2%)
- Arka'n - 'Tears Of The Dead' - (4.6%)
- Underside - 'Wild' - (3.2%)
- Oomph! - 'Tausend Mann Und Ein Befehl' (1.9%)
Global Metal Ambassador 2019
- Gojira (France) - (28.1%)
- Freddy Lim (Taiwan) - (21.4%)
- Jake Shuker & Monzer Darwish (Syria) - (9.7%)
- Sahil Makhija (India) - (8%)
- Slaves To Sirens (The Lebanon) - (6.9%)
- Underside (Nepal) - (6.4%)
- Rock Arka'n (Togo) - (4.9%)
- Roy Dipankar (India -'Extreme Nation' director) - (4.6%)
- Overthrust (Botswana) - (4.1%)
- Zarraza (Kazakhstan) - (3.5%)
- World Metal Congress (International) - (2.2%)*
* Later withdrawn by request of nominee.
The great fascination for folklore and its authentic implementation determines the musical and lyric fortunes of these Bulgarian nature lovers since the band was founded in 2011.
In the Rhodopes, the magnificently wooded, majestically towering mountains in South Bulgaria, the stylishly traditional Aegonia feel most comfortable.
The seductively melodic and enormously atmospheric sound of these expressive aesthetes is based on exquisite ingredients from Doom, Gothic and Fantasy Metal.
Most aptly, the quartet's music is described as ATMOSPHERIC FOLKLORE METAL.
01. In The Lands Of Aegonia 03:03
02. Rain Of Tears 08:39
03. With The Mists She Came 06:45
04. Restless Mind 05:09
05. Dreams Come To Me 01:37
06. Battles Lost And Won 08:28
07. The Offer 05:15
08. The Stolen Song 06:41
09. Gone 06:18
10. The Severe Mountain 06:20
11. A Bitter Fate 05:03
12. The Ruins Of Aegonia 01:50
Nikolay Nikolov • Guitars, Kaval, Vocals
Elitsa Stoyanova • Vocals, Violin
Atanas Georgiev • Bass
Ivan Kolev • Drums
With "The Forgotten Song" Aegonia release their deeply touching debut album, which goes extraordinary quickly into the ear.
A noble concept-work that is based on the eponymous fantasy novel by Nea Stand, the first book in the series "Tales From The Lands Of Aegonia".
The song "Samodiva" features a sequel to the story told in "The Maid And The Mountain".
Official music video - YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSyat22vAqM
The accompanying music video was shot at the scenic Krushuna Falls in the summer of 2018.
Aegonia will release their further video in May 2019
Bulgarian thrasher metallers Mosh-Pit Justice has revealed the definitive track-list of their new fourth album titled "Fighting The Poison". The new effort, that will be released in 2019 via Punishment 18 Records, was recorded, mixed and mastered by Staffa at Revenge Studio.
01. Bound To Decay
02. Feed Me To The Flames
03. God Wills It
04. The Serpent’s Call
05. State Of Damnation
06. In The Final OF days
07. Prove Your Faith
08. Forging our Fate
Global Metal Apocalypse
Battle Of The Bands
Brutal Death Metal
Isle Of Man
Line Up Change
Neue Deutsche Harte
Papua New Guinea
Play Through Video
United Arab Emirates
Violent Pop Metal