So we now know who the winners of the GMA Awards 2021 were, but to wrap up the event in it's entirety and bid farewell to 2021 and usher in 2022, we must turn to the last bunch of awards - 'Metal Release By Country / Area'.
Usually these would include the flag of the band's nation, but given the events in Afghanistan this year among other political turmoil, I felt it would be prudent to forgo any flags and just list the winners.... so without further ado here are the....
"Under The Verdict"
"The Search For
The Dark Star"
"Beyond Unseen Gateways"
"In The Mouth Of Madness"
Black Serpent Ritual
BOSNIA - HERZEGOVINA
"Abyss Of Lost Souls"
"A Whole New Land"
"暮色绽放 Twilight Blooming"
Act Of Denial
Cycles Of Revocation
"Capítulo 1: Repugnante Negocio Del Terror"
Ghosts Of Atlantis
"A Legacy Of Vengeance"
"Lullabies Of Mountain Beasts"
"Empire Of Sins"
ISLE OF MAN
Serenity In Murder
"Midnight Bloody Dances"
"Te Ho Ngeza"
"Cold In Our Hearts"
"Sub Cultura Urii"
Scorn Of Creation
"Todas Las Sangres"
"Eulogy For The Gods"
Dethrone The Corrupted
"The Amygdaloid Decay"
Seraph In Travail
"A Black Death Incense"
"Covered in Concrete"
From The Abyss
"Carving The Fires Of Akhet"
"Chronicles Of War"
"Throne Of Control"
Her Last Sight
"Monument Of Reclamation"
"Mankind / Obsolete"
"Decades Of Suffering"
"The Constitutional Sacrifice"
The Iridium Experiment
"The Order Of Satan's Rage"
Deep Inside Us
"Untitled 2021 Demo"
"Death To Traitors"
"The Ultimate Dream. Plan B: Disposal Of Humanity"
"Belong To Hell"
"Ashes Of Dead Worlds"
"Annihilation Of Mankind"
"Vol. 4: Toxicolandia"
Apes Of God
"En El Recinto De La Tempestad"
Sol Draconi Septem
Beneath The Void
"Attack Of The 50ft Lobsters"
"The Inheritance Of Beauty"
"Gurus Of Destruction"
"Chaos Of Fear"
Becoming The Entity
"Signs Of Saturn"
"Empire Of Glass"
Robot Death Monkey
"Shame Of The Proud Angel"
"A Common Theories"
"Prelude To The Apocalypse"
"A Lip To Earth, A Lip To Heaven & A Tongue To The Stars"
"Punishment In The World To Come"
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
"Terror in Thrace"
The Only Survivor
"The Birth Of Anger"
"Thy Kingdom Kong"
Nightbound: Paraguay's Heavy Metallers Release Official Music Video Time Is On Your Side
Nightbound is a young Hard n' Heavy band from Asunción, Paraguay. The band has made a quick a name for themselves in their country. So there is no wonder that Chinese Label Awakening Records, picked up the young band and released their debut EP last year. The band released now their first official video for the song Time Is On Your Side.
Check it out here:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MxkDD5Tz7Y
For fans from Thin Lizzy and Saxon.
The band is already working on their first full-length!
Stay tuned more to come!
Arianna Cuenca - Vocals & Bass
Mike Martinez - Lead Guitars
Miky Doldán - Drums
After one month of voting, nearly 6,000 votes cast and countless sharing across all social media platforms by us and nominees alike, the time has come to announce the winners of the GMA Awards 2019.
But before that happens, there will be a change to how the nominees are cast. For 10 months of the year we will be running a series of rounds from which the 10 finalists will be recognised for the annual event.
The system will work as thus: nominees elected in the month of January are voted for in February... February nominees voted in March, etc and finishes with nominees in October being voted for in November - the finalists will then be voted for across the month of December and into early January 2021; finishing 8th January 2021.
Now that's put out into the open, we can finally reveal the winners of the GMA Awards 2019.
Release Of The Year
- Fleshgod Apocalypse - Veleno (19.8%)
- Eluveitie - Ategnatos (16.6%)
- Jinjer - Macro (13.9%)
- Oomph! - Ritual (9.2%)
- Kryptos - Afterburner (7.4%)
- Tyr - Hel (7.1%)
- Unleash The Archers - Explorers (7.1%)
- Myrath - Shehili (7%)
- Sabaton - The Great War (6.9%)
- The Hu - The Gereg (4.9%)
Best Live Act
- Jinjer (The Ukraine) - (27.6%)
- Eluveitie (Switzerland) - (15.2%)
- Sabaton (Sweden) - (11.3%)
- Alien Weaponry (New Zealand) - (9.9%)
- Myrath (Tunisia) - (9.1%)
- Lacuna Coil (Italy) - (8.2%)
- Underside (Nepal) - (7.2%)
- Crescent (Egypt) - (4.9%)
- Hatari (Iceland) - (3.6%)
- Odd Crew (Bulgaria) - (3%)
Breakthrough African Metal Band
- Mythos (Egypt) - (35.5%)
- Berzek (Algeria) - (11.3%)
- My Veins (Madagascar) - (9%)
- Iron Sliver (Gabon) - (8.1%)
- Woltemade (South Africa) - (6.7%)
- Roar Of Heroes (Cameroon) - (6.7%)
- Nebulosa Difusa (Angola) - (5.9%)
- Oydis (Libya) - (5.6%)
- Arka'n (Togo) - (5.6%)
- Kawn (Morocco) - (5.5%)
Breakthrough Asian Metal Band
- Trainwreck (Bangladesh) - (35%)
- Mary's Blood (Japan) - (21.1%)
- Bloodywood (India) - (10.4%)
- Slaves To Sirens (The Lebanon) - (6.6%)
- The Dead Sea (Jordan) - (5.5%)
- Ekwon (Iran) - (5.4%)
- Holy Dragons (Kazakhstan) - (5.1%)
- Reign In Slumber (Cambodia) - (4.2%)
- Afreet (Afghanistan) - (3.3%)
- Fecundation (South Korea) - (3.3%)
Breakthrough European Metal Band
- Odd Crew (Bulgaria) - (17.1%)
- Forever Still (Denmark) - (12.7%)
- Elusion (Belgium) - (11.6%)
- Setheist (Poland) - (11.2%)
- Synlakross (Spain) - (8.8%)
- Scarleth (The Ukraine) - (8.2%)
- E-An-Na (Romania) - (7.9%)
- Awakening Sun (Lithuania) - (7.8%)
- Kobold (Serbia) - (7.3%)
- Crossbones (Albania) - (7.3%)
Breakthrough UK Metal Band
- Black Pyre (Wales) - (20.6%)
- Aeons (Isle Of Man) - (14.6%)
- Inferiem (Scotland) - (10.4%)
- Fear Bound (England) - (10.3%)
- Zombified (Northern Ireland) - (9.9%)
- Pravitas (England) - (9.6%)
- Dog Tired (Scotland) - (7.5%)
- Djinova (England) - (6.9%)
- Outright Resistance (England) - (6.2%)
- Byzanthian Neckbeard (Guernsey) - (3.9%)
Breakthrough North & Central American Metal Band
- Astaroth Incarnate (Canada) - (32.8%)
- Human Equation (Mexico) - (11.6%)
- From The Graves (Cuba) - (10.9%)
- Reactor (El Salvador) - (8.4%)
- Stromptha (Greenland) - (7.6%)
- Athica (Panama) - (7.5%)
- Redhead Match (Costa Rica) - (6.1%)
- Gangrena Cerebral (Dominican Republic) - (5.2%)
- Transgresión (Puerto Rico) - (5.1%)
- Aversia (Nicaragua) - (4.9%)
Breakthrough Oceanian Metal Band
- Scythian Fate (Australia) - (26.2%)
- Sons Of Solomon (Solomon Islands) - (16.1%)
- Hunt The Witch (New Zealand) - (13.1%)
- Abide Till Death (Papua New Guinea) - (8%)
- Shepherd's Reign (New Zealand) - (7.6%)
- Surrender The Thief (Guam) - (6.6%)
- Redsphere (New Caledonia) - (6%)
- The Relativ (Fiji) - (5.9%)
- Dropvkal (Vanuatu) - (5.5%)
- Pōturu (French Polynesia) - (5%)
Breakthrough South American Metal Band
- Suicidal Drinkers (Argentina) - (17.1%)
- Visceral Decay (Ecuador) - (13.3%)
- Maze Of Terror (Peru) - (12.2%)
- Holder Of Souls (Brazil) - (12.1%)
- Inner Betrayer (Colombia) - (9.5%)
- Weight Of Emptiness (Chile) - (8.7%)
- Khymor (Paraguay) - (7.9%)
- Territory (Uruguay) - (7.1%)
- Worship The Pestilence (Bolivia) - (6.8%)
- Cultura Tres (Venezuela) - (5.4%)
Breakthrough International Metal Band
- Bloodywood (India) - (24.4%)
- Sons Of Solomon (Solomon Islands) - (11.4%)
- Infected Rain (Moldova) - (11.4%)
- Outright Resistance (England) - (9.8%)
- Forever Still (Denmark) - (8.7%)
- Arka'n (Togo) - (8.3%)
- Ade! (Italy) - (8%)
- Redhead Match (Costa Rica) - (6.7%)
- Cultura Tres (Venezuela) + Overthrust (Botswana) - (5.6%) - tied on vote numbers.
Festival Of The Year
- Bloodstock Open Air (England) - (28.4%)
- Heavy MTL (Canada) - (22%)
- Bangalore Open Air (India) - (17.8%)
- Copenhell (Denmark) - (6.4%)
- Eindhoven Metal Meeting (The Netherlands) - (5.4%)
- Goathell (Croatia) - (4.5%)
- Hard Rock Laager (Estonia) - (4.5%)
- Eistnaflug (Iceland) - (4.1%)
- Kaltenbach Open Air (Austria) - (3.8%)
- Hammersonic (Indonesia) - (3.1%)
Music Video Of The Year
- Rammstein - 'Deutschland' - (21.6%)
- Fleshgod Apocalypse - 'Sugar' - (21.2%)
- Eluveitie - 'Ategnatos' - (12.8%)
- Jinjer - 'On The Top' - (11.6%)
- Myrath - 'Born To Survive' - (8%)
- Sabaton - 'Bismarck' - (7.9%)
- Alien Weaponry - 'Blinded' - (7.2%)
- Arka'n - 'Tears Of The Dead' - (4.6%)
- Underside - 'Wild' - (3.2%)
- Oomph! - 'Tausend Mann Und Ein Befehl' (1.9%)
Global Metal Ambassador 2019
- Gojira (France) - (28.1%)
- Freddy Lim (Taiwan) - (21.4%)
- Jake Shuker & Monzer Darwish (Syria) - (9.7%)
- Sahil Makhija (India) - (8%)
- Slaves To Sirens (The Lebanon) - (6.9%)
- Underside (Nepal) - (6.4%)
- Rock Arka'n (Togo) - (4.9%)
- Roy Dipankar (India -'Extreme Nation' director) - (4.6%)
- Overthrust (Botswana) - (4.1%)
- Zarraza (Kazakhstan) - (3.5%)
- World Metal Congress (International) - (2.2%)*
* Later withdrawn by request of nominee.
Every now and then you get a band from South America that astonishes you. Verthebral are doing the same with their brand of unrelenting, vicious death metal. What's more, it's not just brainless chaotic fury but it's something that's properly though out and executed brilliantly. Check out the first song that's streaming here on Bandcamp and YouTube.
South American band Verthebral are a reminder of the potency of death metal coming from their continent. From Paraguay, the band is doing everything right - from the traditionally-rooted riffing to the relentless percussive hammering with savage, barked out vocals to top it all off, everything is meticulously put together and executed to perfection. It's reminiscent of the Brazilian death metal wave that emerged around the turn of the century and Verthebral take it a notch higher by imbibing the best qualities, especially the barbaric take on the style, and tempering it with unpredictable tempo changes and whip-lashing breakdowns. It's a sheer thrill for any seasoned death metal fan to bear witness to the raging onslaught and the best part is that the music still lingers in your mind after it's all over, which proves that it's not just mindless brutality but a well thought out extreme album that must not be taken lightly.
Band line-up -
Christian Rojas - Vocals/Bass
Daniel Larroza - Guitars
Alberto Flores - Guitars
Denis Viveros - Drums
Artwork by Marcos Miller (Mental Horror)
Layout by Turkka Rantanen (Paganizer, Demilich)
Start your engine and speed into the night! A Million Stars will be with you.
Formed only last year, Nightbound is a young Hard n' Heavy band from Asunción, Paraguay. The band has made quick a name for themselves in their country. So there is no wonder that Chinese Label Awakening Records, picked up the young band and released their debut EP on March 31.
If you are a fan from Thin Lizzy and Saxon this EP will be something for you.
The 'Releases Of The Year' series are albums chosen by myself as the best release from each country / dependency known to have an official release in the year 2017. These are alphabetized in country order so are easy to navigate. Each award has national flag featured alongside the band name, Release Of The Year' and Facebook link (where provided)
Fans of South American death metal take notice. Decibel Magazine premiered one of Verthebral tracks recently AT THIS LINK and remarked that the Paraguayan band "will restore your belief in the true underground".
It's not often you come across bands from Paraguay and if this is the first time you have, you are bound to get blown away. This is primal yet superbly channelled death metal music that hearkens back to the days of Sarcofago, Malevolent Creation, Massacra, Krisiun, Rebaelliun, Angelcorpse and Vader. It's a combination of all of the above and sounds rather fresh in its output. There's a South American charm to the proceedings but everything is meticulously planned and executed. The production is suitably raw but also very clear and impactful.
Satanath Records Official Site
Satanath Records Facebook
Webzine Transcending Obscurity streams the entirety of Master of Cruelty's highly anticipated second album, Archaic Visions of the Underworld. Set for international release on November 25th, Blood Harvest Records will release the album on vinyl LP format. In 2012, Blood Harvest released the vinyl edition of this Paraguayan black/death cult's debut album, Spit on the Holy Grail, a rabid 'n' ripping assault of bestial, deathly Black / Thrash. Now, with Archaic Visions of the Underworld, Master of Cruelty have surpassed that shockingly strong debut. Stream it in its entirety exclusively HERE.
Taking all the same elements that made Spit on the Holy Grail such a hot commodity with underground diehards - stutter 'n' surge battery, tortured-tonsil exhortations, and a ceaselessly swirling carnage of riff 'n' rhythm - and amplifying them further, Master of Cruelty render Archaic Visions of the Underworld a study in what makes death and black metal from South America so special, and so enduring. Like an unholy marriage of early Morbid Angel, Vulcano, and Chile's Pentagram, Archaic Visions of the Underworld explodes forth in a sulphurous haze of tangible evil and otherworldly vibration; it is both mercilessly violent and also equally atmospheric. And yet, through it all, Master of Cruelty never forget the metal aspect of the black / death cult, and command obeisance to possessed headbanging, claw-raising, and air-riffing. It's a wild ride into the very underworld itself.
A statement from the band reads as thus:
"Archaic Visions of the Underworld is deeply submerged in the unholy spine of Mantos, which represents what Master of Cruelty bleeds and kills for. Our sonic evil universe has been expanded into a much more profound, obscure atmosphere where restless violence and doomish paraphernalia shall always prevail. We invite only the sick demons of the underground to enter the realm of savage Paraguayan madness with the eight unedited tracks craving from the entity maestro de la crueldad."
Deathrash Armageddon will handle the CD version while Warfukk Records will handle the tape version. Stream Archaic Visions of the Underworld in its entirety exclusively HERE, courtesy of Transcending Obscurity, as well as read an in-depth interview. Pre-order info can be found HERE. Cover and track-listing are as follows:
Metal Music Bookings & Management are proud to announce the addition of Pergana to the Metal Music Bookings & Management roster.
Originally born as a solo project founded by Adrian back in 2008, Pergana, the 5 piece Paraguayan Symphonic female-fronted Metal act have focused their strengths into writing, developing and recording their first two EPs, and most recently their debut album which is being mixed by the legendary Roy Z, ready to unleash to the world in 2016. Roy Z picked up Pergana as his newest project after the band signed a world wide deal with Metal Music Bookings & Management, and from this, expect great things coming 2016!
If you're into your Symphonic Metal then check these guys out! Inspired by the likes of Delain, Nightwish, Tarja & more.
Global Metal Apocalypse
Battle Of The Bands
Brutal Death Metal
Line Up Change
Play Through Video
Violent Pop Metal
Wacken Open Air