Mexican death metallers Cathartic to release new album 'Through The Abysmal Gates Of Subconscious' via Awakening Records
Mexican death metal band Cathartic is living proof of the influence that Swedish death metal has on the scene. Releasing their debut album this summer, ‘Through The Abysmal Gates Of Subconscious’, through Awakening Records, Carthatic are ready to show its brand of death metal to the world.
“Death is our true and only purpose while we are guided by suffering, sadness, triumph, hate, dogmas, doubts, and fear of the unknown with a nihilistic and pessimistic view of points,” the band states.
Influenced by a range of bands such as Bolt Thrower, Carcass, and Sadistic Intent, to Dismember, the early work of Amorphis, Carnage and Edge Of Sanity, the band's style can be defined as a true return to the roots of death metal- with hints of melody and doom. As shown in their first EP ‘Ceremonial Resurrection’ the band knows just when to be fast and catchy and when to include a slow, heavy intensity.
'Through The Abysmal Gates Of Subconscious’ was recorded by Jesús Bravo at Bravesound Studio, mastered by the legendary Tomas Skogsberg at the famous Sunlight Studios in Sweden and with cover artwork by Dan Seagrave- the album is set to be a must-listen for all death metal fans.
In Mexico there is a command of the dead called Aztlan. The band formed in 2018 and mixes Mexican folk music with the sound of metal. The concept of Aztlan is to expose the Mexican culture from ancient times like Aztecs and Mayan to the present day with the sound of Mariachi and Prehispanic Music through a world full of mysticism. The image of the band evokes the traditional ‘Day of the Dead’.
The group released their first album, Mexico Inmortal (2019), and it explored for the first time the mix of acoustic and electric sounds, evoking the old Aztec dances with an aggressive sound. The following album, Legion Mexica (2020), showed the mix of mariachi becoming more and more noticeable in each of the songs with ancestral stories such as the Mictlan forming the themes. The Mictlan is the Aztec underworld, the City of the Dead, it is the place where they have to go through nine levels until they reach eternal life in the presence of Mictlantecuhtli The Lord of Death.
Aztlan completed their 3rd album, Revolución, in 2021 and will be released via Sliptrick Records this year.
Band links: Official Website | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram | On Sliptrick
So we now know who the winners of the GMA Awards 2021 were, but to wrap up the event in it's entirety and bid farewell to 2021 and usher in 2022, we must turn to the last bunch of awards - 'Metal Release By Country / Area'.
Usually these would include the flag of the band's nation, but given the events in Afghanistan this year among other political turmoil, I felt it would be prudent to forgo any flags and just list the winners.... so without further ado here are the....
"Under The Verdict"
"The Search For
The Dark Star"
"Beyond Unseen Gateways"
"In The Mouth Of Madness"
Black Serpent Ritual
BOSNIA - HERZEGOVINA
"Abyss Of Lost Souls"
"A Whole New Land"
"暮色绽放 Twilight Blooming"
Act Of Denial
Cycles Of Revocation
"Capítulo 1: Repugnante Negocio Del Terror"
Ghosts Of Atlantis
"A Legacy Of Vengeance"
"Lullabies Of Mountain Beasts"
"Empire Of Sins"
ISLE OF MAN
Serenity In Murder
"Midnight Bloody Dances"
"Te Ho Ngeza"
"Cold In Our Hearts"
"Sub Cultura Urii"
Scorn Of Creation
"Todas Las Sangres"
"Eulogy For The Gods"
Dethrone The Corrupted
"The Amygdaloid Decay"
Seraph In Travail
"A Black Death Incense"
"Covered in Concrete"
From The Abyss
"Carving The Fires Of Akhet"
"Chronicles Of War"
"Throne Of Control"
Her Last Sight
"Monument Of Reclamation"
"Mankind / Obsolete"
"Decades Of Suffering"
"The Constitutional Sacrifice"
The Iridium Experiment
"The Order Of Satan's Rage"
Deep Inside Us
"Untitled 2021 Demo"
"Death To Traitors"
"The Ultimate Dream. Plan B: Disposal Of Humanity"
"Belong To Hell"
"Ashes Of Dead Worlds"
"Annihilation Of Mankind"
"Vol. 4: Toxicolandia"
Apes Of God
"En El Recinto De La Tempestad"
Sol Draconi Septem
Beneath The Void
"Attack Of The 50ft Lobsters"
"The Inheritance Of Beauty"
"Gurus Of Destruction"
"Chaos Of Fear"
Becoming The Entity
"Signs Of Saturn"
"Empire Of Glass"
Robot Death Monkey
"Shame Of The Proud Angel"
"A Common Theories"
"Prelude To The Apocalypse"
"A Lip To Earth, A Lip To Heaven & A Tongue To The Stars"
"Punishment In The World To Come"
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
"Terror in Thrace"
The Only Survivor
"The Birth Of Anger"
"Thy Kingdom Kong"
So without further ado, we present the winners of the
2021 Global Metal Apocalypse (GMA) awards.
All categories except "Release Of The Year"
came with an 'other' option.
See you in December 2022
Global Metal Release Of The Year
WARRIOR OF LIGHT
Breakthrough African Band
Breakthrough Asian Band
Breakthrough European Band
Breakthrough North & Central American Band
Breakthrough Oceanian Band
Breakthrough South American Band
Breakthrough UK Band
BEYOND EXTINCTION (ESSEX)
GHOSTS OF ATLANTIS (ESSEX / SUFFOLK)
Breakthrough International Band
Music Video Of The Year
Cradle Of Filth - Necromantic Fantasies
Mexican progressive metallers The Advent Equation return with their new album 'Remnants Of Oblivion' in December
After eight years, progressive metal quartet The Advent Equation return with their second full-length album "Remnants Of Oblivion", due out 4th December. A teaser video is available at: youtu.be/T4ILvLnYEe8
On the follow-up to 2012's critically acclaimed "Limitless Life Reflections", The Advent Equation make a leap forward in terms of compelling composition, melodic songcraft, and a production that packs one hell of a punch!
"Remnants Of Oblivion" is a duality between heaviness and melody that translates into a complete musical and emotional experience. Progressive metal that reflects the collective work of memorable riffs and iconic choruses taking you to a transitorily state of evolution.
- Concept, Lyrics & Musical Arrangements by The Advent Equation
- Recorded Over a Two-Year Period at Psicofonia Studio.
- Produced, Engineered, Mixed and Mastered By Charles A Leal.
- Artwork by Travis Smith (Nevermore, Death, Riverside, Megadeth) at seempieces.com
- Carlos Licea - Piano, Keyboards
- Roberto Charles - Drums, Percussion
- Luis Gomez – Guitar
- Margil H. Vallejo - Vocals, Bass
"The Advent Equation would like to thank all that made our continuous dreams possible. To our families & friends who directly or indirectly supported us on this process, and to our fans as your unconditional support has been our driving force throughout this musical journey."
The Advent Equation have officially been active since 2008, resulting in the EP "Sounds From Within" being released in the same year, it was recorded in their home town of Monterrey, Mexico.
The first full-length album, "Limitless Life Reflections", was released through Concreto Records with national distribution and great public reception; giving the band the opportunity to play at important events and festivals around Mexico. The band has opened shows for the likes of Haggard, Opeth, Tesseract, Dark Tranquility and more.
The second full-length album, "Remnants Of Oblivion", will be released physically and digitally in December 2020, accompanied by a solid return plan to social media and current streaming platforms.
Mexican raw black / death metal band Heretic Ritual signs with Death In Pieces Records!
The trio will be releasing their debut album “War - Desecration - Genocide / Passages Of Infinite Hatred” on the 10th November on CD, with the slipcase edition being released in a limited run of 500 copies.
"War - Desecration – Genocide - Passages Of Infinite Hatred" is the debut album of the raw black / death metal band Heretic Ritual. The band features members from Rotting Grave and ex-members from Necroccultus.
The album features nine tracks of unrelenting chaos, bestiality and darkness, with possessed vocals and profane hatred. This is an imperative release for fans of Sarcofago, Blasphemy, Bestial Warlust, Archgoat, Angelcorpse and the like.
HERETIC RITUAL is:
Bestial Profaner: Guitar and vocal abominations (Rotting Grave, ex Necroccultus)
Gothmog: Drums and hammer destroyer (ex Necroccultus)
Kulto Macabro: Bass from the abyss and howls
After one month of voting, nearly 6,000 votes cast and countless sharing across all social media platforms by us and nominees alike, the time has come to announce the winners of the GMA Awards 2019.
But before that happens, there will be a change to how the nominees are cast. For 10 months of the year we will be running a series of rounds from which the 10 finalists will be recognised for the annual event.
The system will work as thus: nominees elected in the month of January are voted for in February... February nominees voted in March, etc and finishes with nominees in October being voted for in November - the finalists will then be voted for across the month of December and into early January 2021; finishing 8th January 2021.
Now that's put out into the open, we can finally reveal the winners of the GMA Awards 2019.
Release Of The Year
- Fleshgod Apocalypse - Veleno (19.8%)
- Eluveitie - Ategnatos (16.6%)
- Jinjer - Macro (13.9%)
- Oomph! - Ritual (9.2%)
- Kryptos - Afterburner (7.4%)
- Tyr - Hel (7.1%)
- Unleash The Archers - Explorers (7.1%)
- Myrath - Shehili (7%)
- Sabaton - The Great War (6.9%)
- The Hu - The Gereg (4.9%)
Best Live Act
- Jinjer (The Ukraine) - (27.6%)
- Eluveitie (Switzerland) - (15.2%)
- Sabaton (Sweden) - (11.3%)
- Alien Weaponry (New Zealand) - (9.9%)
- Myrath (Tunisia) - (9.1%)
- Lacuna Coil (Italy) - (8.2%)
- Underside (Nepal) - (7.2%)
- Crescent (Egypt) - (4.9%)
- Hatari (Iceland) - (3.6%)
- Odd Crew (Bulgaria) - (3%)
Breakthrough African Metal Band
- Mythos (Egypt) - (35.5%)
- Berzek (Algeria) - (11.3%)
- My Veins (Madagascar) - (9%)
- Iron Sliver (Gabon) - (8.1%)
- Woltemade (South Africa) - (6.7%)
- Roar Of Heroes (Cameroon) - (6.7%)
- Nebulosa Difusa (Angola) - (5.9%)
- Oydis (Libya) - (5.6%)
- Arka'n (Togo) - (5.6%)
- Kawn (Morocco) - (5.5%)
Breakthrough Asian Metal Band
- Trainwreck (Bangladesh) - (35%)
- Mary's Blood (Japan) - (21.1%)
- Bloodywood (India) - (10.4%)
- Slaves To Sirens (The Lebanon) - (6.6%)
- The Dead Sea (Jordan) - (5.5%)
- Ekwon (Iran) - (5.4%)
- Holy Dragons (Kazakhstan) - (5.1%)
- Reign In Slumber (Cambodia) - (4.2%)
- Afreet (Afghanistan) - (3.3%)
- Fecundation (South Korea) - (3.3%)
Breakthrough European Metal Band
- Odd Crew (Bulgaria) - (17.1%)
- Forever Still (Denmark) - (12.7%)
- Elusion (Belgium) - (11.6%)
- Setheist (Poland) - (11.2%)
- Synlakross (Spain) - (8.8%)
- Scarleth (The Ukraine) - (8.2%)
- E-An-Na (Romania) - (7.9%)
- Awakening Sun (Lithuania) - (7.8%)
- Kobold (Serbia) - (7.3%)
- Crossbones (Albania) - (7.3%)
Breakthrough UK Metal Band
- Black Pyre (Wales) - (20.6%)
- Aeons (Isle Of Man) - (14.6%)
- Inferiem (Scotland) - (10.4%)
- Fear Bound (England) - (10.3%)
- Zombified (Northern Ireland) - (9.9%)
- Pravitas (England) - (9.6%)
- Dog Tired (Scotland) - (7.5%)
- Djinova (England) - (6.9%)
- Outright Resistance (England) - (6.2%)
- Byzanthian Neckbeard (Guernsey) - (3.9%)
Breakthrough North & Central American Metal Band
- Astaroth Incarnate (Canada) - (32.8%)
- Human Equation (Mexico) - (11.6%)
- From The Graves (Cuba) - (10.9%)
- Reactor (El Salvador) - (8.4%)
- Stromptha (Greenland) - (7.6%)
- Athica (Panama) - (7.5%)
- Redhead Match (Costa Rica) - (6.1%)
- Gangrena Cerebral (Dominican Republic) - (5.2%)
- Transgresión (Puerto Rico) - (5.1%)
- Aversia (Nicaragua) - (4.9%)
Breakthrough Oceanian Metal Band
- Scythian Fate (Australia) - (26.2%)
- Sons Of Solomon (Solomon Islands) - (16.1%)
- Hunt The Witch (New Zealand) - (13.1%)
- Abide Till Death (Papua New Guinea) - (8%)
- Shepherd's Reign (New Zealand) - (7.6%)
- Surrender The Thief (Guam) - (6.6%)
- Redsphere (New Caledonia) - (6%)
- The Relativ (Fiji) - (5.9%)
- Dropvkal (Vanuatu) - (5.5%)
- Pōturu (French Polynesia) - (5%)
Breakthrough South American Metal Band
- Suicidal Drinkers (Argentina) - (17.1%)
- Visceral Decay (Ecuador) - (13.3%)
- Maze Of Terror (Peru) - (12.2%)
- Holder Of Souls (Brazil) - (12.1%)
- Inner Betrayer (Colombia) - (9.5%)
- Weight Of Emptiness (Chile) - (8.7%)
- Khymor (Paraguay) - (7.9%)
- Territory (Uruguay) - (7.1%)
- Worship The Pestilence (Bolivia) - (6.8%)
- Cultura Tres (Venezuela) - (5.4%)
Breakthrough International Metal Band
- Bloodywood (India) - (24.4%)
- Sons Of Solomon (Solomon Islands) - (11.4%)
- Infected Rain (Moldova) - (11.4%)
- Outright Resistance (England) - (9.8%)
- Forever Still (Denmark) - (8.7%)
- Arka'n (Togo) - (8.3%)
- Ade! (Italy) - (8%)
- Redhead Match (Costa Rica) - (6.7%)
- Cultura Tres (Venezuela) + Overthrust (Botswana) - (5.6%) - tied on vote numbers.
Festival Of The Year
- Bloodstock Open Air (England) - (28.4%)
- Heavy MTL (Canada) - (22%)
- Bangalore Open Air (India) - (17.8%)
- Copenhell (Denmark) - (6.4%)
- Eindhoven Metal Meeting (The Netherlands) - (5.4%)
- Goathell (Croatia) - (4.5%)
- Hard Rock Laager (Estonia) - (4.5%)
- Eistnaflug (Iceland) - (4.1%)
- Kaltenbach Open Air (Austria) - (3.8%)
- Hammersonic (Indonesia) - (3.1%)
Music Video Of The Year
- Rammstein - 'Deutschland' - (21.6%)
- Fleshgod Apocalypse - 'Sugar' - (21.2%)
- Eluveitie - 'Ategnatos' - (12.8%)
- Jinjer - 'On The Top' - (11.6%)
- Myrath - 'Born To Survive' - (8%)
- Sabaton - 'Bismarck' - (7.9%)
- Alien Weaponry - 'Blinded' - (7.2%)
- Arka'n - 'Tears Of The Dead' - (4.6%)
- Underside - 'Wild' - (3.2%)
- Oomph! - 'Tausend Mann Und Ein Befehl' (1.9%)
Global Metal Ambassador 2019
- Gojira (France) - (28.1%)
- Freddy Lim (Taiwan) - (21.4%)
- Jake Shuker & Monzer Darwish (Syria) - (9.7%)
- Sahil Makhija (India) - (8%)
- Slaves To Sirens (The Lebanon) - (6.9%)
- Underside (Nepal) - (6.4%)
- Rock Arka'n (Togo) - (4.9%)
- Roy Dipankar (India -'Extreme Nation' director) - (4.6%)
- Overthrust (Botswana) - (4.1%)
- Zarraza (Kazakhstan) - (3.5%)
- World Metal Congress (International) - (2.2%)*
* Later withdrawn by request of nominee.
Mexican death metal band CRS have teamed up with Metal Injection to stream the entirety of their new album The Collector of Truths. The album is set to be released This Friday via Concreto Records
Listen to the album in full here: https://metalinjection.net/av/full-album-stream/crs-bring-deathly-grooves-with-the-collector-of-truths
In the vein of Morbid Angel, Carcass, Fear Factory, and Cynic, CRS prides themselves on playing music that's both brutal and nuanced, with melodies that rise above the underlying chaos. Vocalist Sir Oz, guitarist/bassist Francisco “Chucky” Oroz, guitarist/bassist Joseph Lev, and drummer Tavo Ramirez were joined by two international guest musicians for this album: Kevin Talley (Dying Fetus, Suffocation, Chimaira) plays drums on “A Better Place to Hate,” “Tan Lejos de Dios (Nowhere.. But Here),” and “I’m the Universe," while Linus Klausenitzer of Obscura and Alkaloid lends his bass work to “The Art of Breathing. ”
The Collector of Truths will be available on December 6 2019 through Concreto Records.
- All songs written by CRS
- All songs performed by CRS except where guest musicians are noted
- Recorded, mixed, and mastered by Francisco “Chucky” Oroz
- Album Artwork by: Tony Sandoval
- Photography: Carlos Hermosillo
Mexican death metal cartel Infernal Conjuration stream the entirety of their highly anticipated debut album, Infernale Metallum Mortis, at heavily trafficked web-portal NoCleanSinging.com. Set for international release on June 7th via Iron Bonehead Productions, hear Infernal Conjuration's Infernale Metallum Mortis in its entirety exclusively HERE.
Hailing from Tijuana, Infernal Conjuration formed in June 2006 and promptly set about crafting death metal rooted in the old-school ways, drawing influence from both their homeland and abroad. Upon releasing their first demo, Tremendous Plague, in 2007, they caught the eye of the underground metal scene, receiving offers to release their material on different labels, most of them in Europe. Eventually, Poland's Gruft Prodüktion released that first demo on pro-tape format, keeping Infernal Conjuration loyal to the underground movement. Around the same time, the band received an offer from Sweden's Blood Harvest Records for an exclusive 7" vinyl release, titled Avto de Fe and released in 2008.
By 2011, Infernal Conjuration recorded their follow-up release entitled Death Has Appeared. Deepening the band's presence in the international underground scene, this release had three versions, all released in 2014: in Europe, it was released by Gruft Prodüktion on CD; in Mexico, by Craneo Negro Records on vinyl LP format; and in the USA, by Utterly Somber on CD with three bonus tracks. Emboldened by that momentum, Infernal Conjuration soon set upon writing and recording their debut album.
At last, it arrives in the form of Infernale Metallum Mortis. The grand culmination of the Infernal Conjuration aesthetic to date, Infernale Metallum Mortis both consolidates and extends the band's all-too-considerable strengths. Right from the ripping first notes, the album seizes hold of the listener and throttles with angular gnarliness (or is that gnarly angularity?) that's blanching to behold. Truly gutsfucking, Infernale Metallum Mortis presents Infernal Conjuration in a form both blood-red raw and enviously accomplished, exuding a savagery that ably balances both ends of the spectrum, likewise balancing propulsive songwriting and devilishly advanced chops. Indeed, both entrenched in the underground whilst setting their sights beyond it, the quartet hereby deliver a monument of Mexican Metal of Death for the ages: TOTAL DEATH METAL, no more but definitely no less!
Feel the full fist of Total Death Metal exclusively HERE, courtesy of NoCleanSinging.com.
Taken from the EP: Cem Anahuac My Home | 2019
Directed by: Brandon Toews & Jon Guenter
Mexican Symphonic Metal group Cabrakaän have released a new official video for the track Calm In My Storm, taken from their forthcoming EP Cem Anahuac My Home, set for release via Sliptrick Records on August 27th.
Here’s the bands synopsis: “Calm In My Storm represents the spirit of our beloved ones that are no longer here, though always watch over us. The ones whose memories give us the strength to keep going no matter what. In the video, the main Character chases that spirit in the cold, the only thing she has left from it, is a memory that she keeps all the time next to her heart (it’s represented with the mud figure of Vucub-‐Camé, lord of the Mayan underworld). In the end, the spirit appears in front of her and they become one forever.”
Recorded at MacEwan University and North Saskatchewan River in Edmonton, AB, Canada. Thanks to the production team from MacEwan University in Edmonton, AB, Canada. Special thanks to the guest bassist that appears on this video, Madi Myhre.
Cem Anahuac My Home | Released on August 27th, 2017 on Sliptrick Records
Pat Cuikani – Lead Vocals/Ocarinas
Marko Cipäktli – Drums/Guttural Vocals
Alex Navarro – Guitar
Paolo Belmar – Guitar
Rex Darr – Bass
Facebook | Youtube | Instagram | Twitter | On Sliptrick
Global Metal Apocalypse
Battle Of The Bands
Brutal Death Metal
Isle Of Man
Line Up Change
Neue Deutsche Harte
Papua New Guinea
Play Through Video
United Arab Emirates
Violent Pop Metal