Lithuanian black metallers Sisyphean have created a stunning full length that is evocative, immersive and haunting in its own way. Their strangely harrowing yet emotive tunes will stay with you long after the album is over. Two songs have been unveiled already, including an official video, and they can be found on Bandcamp and YouTube.
Intense as well as atmospheric, Lithuanian black metal band Sisyphean have the perfectly tempered sound for this style of music. Their inherent dissonance magnifies their expression, elevating them over hordes of predictable bands, but their real mastery is in crafting thrilling and engaging songs that are both coherent and fulfilling. Everything seems in place and is there for a reason, and they even cover a wide range of emotions, making it a well-rounded affair.
Each song bears its own individual sentiment, somehow complementing the songs preceding it, as if carrying on from where the last one ended and doing something more with it. Clearly, it’s a brilliantly written and arranged album, providing for intuitive undulations of extremity and emotions, not only captivating your attention throughout but also moving you. Virtually flawless, ‘Colours of Faith’ is a massively ambitious yet sincere album that ought to be regarded as a landmark album in the style.
So we now know who the winners of the GMA Awards 2021 were, but to wrap up the event in it's entirety and bid farewell to 2021 and usher in 2022, we must turn to the last bunch of awards - 'Metal Release By Country / Area'.
Usually these would include the flag of the band's nation, but given the events in Afghanistan this year among other political turmoil, I felt it would be prudent to forgo any flags and just list the winners.... so without further ado here are the....
"Under The Verdict"
"The Search For
The Dark Star"
"Beyond Unseen Gateways"
"In The Mouth Of Madness"
Black Serpent Ritual
BOSNIA - HERZEGOVINA
"Abyss Of Lost Souls"
"A Whole New Land"
"暮色绽放 Twilight Blooming"
Act Of Denial
Cycles Of Revocation
"Capítulo 1: Repugnante Negocio Del Terror"
Ghosts Of Atlantis
"A Legacy Of Vengeance"
"Lullabies Of Mountain Beasts"
"Empire Of Sins"
ISLE OF MAN
Serenity In Murder
"Midnight Bloody Dances"
"Te Ho Ngeza"
"Cold In Our Hearts"
"Sub Cultura Urii"
Scorn Of Creation
"Todas Las Sangres"
"Eulogy For The Gods"
Dethrone The Corrupted
"The Amygdaloid Decay"
Seraph In Travail
"A Black Death Incense"
"Covered in Concrete"
From The Abyss
"Carving The Fires Of Akhet"
"Chronicles Of War"
"Throne Of Control"
Her Last Sight
"Monument Of Reclamation"
"Mankind / Obsolete"
"Decades Of Suffering"
"The Constitutional Sacrifice"
The Iridium Experiment
"The Order Of Satan's Rage"
Deep Inside Us
"Untitled 2021 Demo"
"Death To Traitors"
"The Ultimate Dream. Plan B: Disposal Of Humanity"
"Belong To Hell"
"Ashes Of Dead Worlds"
"Annihilation Of Mankind"
"Vol. 4: Toxicolandia"
Apes Of God
"En El Recinto De La Tempestad"
Sol Draconi Septem
Beneath The Void
"Attack Of The 50ft Lobsters"
"The Inheritance Of Beauty"
"Gurus Of Destruction"
"Chaos Of Fear"
Becoming The Entity
"Signs Of Saturn"
"Empire Of Glass"
Robot Death Monkey
"Shame Of The Proud Angel"
"A Common Theories"
"Prelude To The Apocalypse"
"A Lip To Earth, A Lip To Heaven & A Tongue To The Stars"
"Punishment In The World To Come"
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
"Terror in Thrace"
The Only Survivor
"The Birth Of Anger"
"Thy Kingdom Kong"
Crypts of Despair from Lithuania are playing an evolved form of death metal that's rooted in the old school style but are surprisingly dark, dissonant and blackened sounding on this one. The way they went about incorporating these elements is astounding and it's seamlessly done. Sink your teeth into this fantastic slab of death metal that's likely to be a contender for the best death metal album this year. Two songs are currently streaming that you can check out on Bandcamp and YouTube.
Death metal band Crypts of Despair have made a quantum leap from their well-received debut full length to the new one. The progression is not merely aesthetic but intrinsic; it's as if they've unlocked some inner beast by channelling diabolical forces through them. The music is at once ferocious, rife with unearthly and dissonant sounds, punctuated by hair-raising, eerie ambience. It embodies the perfect combination of face-melting aggression and electrifying atmosphere, with song structures remaining unpredictable and yet strangely coherent. The sound is absolutely pristine, able to express the band's penchant for playing fast, devastating music as well as doing justice to the myriad variations that they incorporate. This is the perfect death metal album of the times, without any dilution of the raw appeal of the genre. The execution is next level and it's an album that you will keep coming back to just because it has so much to offer in a refreshing manner. Delve deep into this one and the experience will be unforgettable.
Band line-up -
- Dovydas Auglys - Guitar/Vocals
- Benas Juskus - Guitar
- Simonas Jurkevicius - Bass/Vocals
- Henri Mall - Drums
- Transcending Obscurity Site
- Transcending Obscurity Official YouTube Channel
- Transcending Obscurity Records Facebook
After one month of voting, nearly 6,000 votes cast and countless sharing across all social media platforms by us and nominees alike, the time has come to announce the winners of the GMA Awards 2019.
But before that happens, there will be a change to how the nominees are cast. For 10 months of the year we will be running a series of rounds from which the 10 finalists will be recognised for the annual event.
The system will work as thus: nominees elected in the month of January are voted for in February... February nominees voted in March, etc and finishes with nominees in October being voted for in November - the finalists will then be voted for across the month of December and into early January 2021; finishing 8th January 2021.
Now that's put out into the open, we can finally reveal the winners of the GMA Awards 2019.
Release Of The Year
- Fleshgod Apocalypse - Veleno (19.8%)
- Eluveitie - Ategnatos (16.6%)
- Jinjer - Macro (13.9%)
- Oomph! - Ritual (9.2%)
- Kryptos - Afterburner (7.4%)
- Tyr - Hel (7.1%)
- Unleash The Archers - Explorers (7.1%)
- Myrath - Shehili (7%)
- Sabaton - The Great War (6.9%)
- The Hu - The Gereg (4.9%)
Best Live Act
- Jinjer (The Ukraine) - (27.6%)
- Eluveitie (Switzerland) - (15.2%)
- Sabaton (Sweden) - (11.3%)
- Alien Weaponry (New Zealand) - (9.9%)
- Myrath (Tunisia) - (9.1%)
- Lacuna Coil (Italy) - (8.2%)
- Underside (Nepal) - (7.2%)
- Crescent (Egypt) - (4.9%)
- Hatari (Iceland) - (3.6%)
- Odd Crew (Bulgaria) - (3%)
Breakthrough African Metal Band
- Mythos (Egypt) - (35.5%)
- Berzek (Algeria) - (11.3%)
- My Veins (Madagascar) - (9%)
- Iron Sliver (Gabon) - (8.1%)
- Woltemade (South Africa) - (6.7%)
- Roar Of Heroes (Cameroon) - (6.7%)
- Nebulosa Difusa (Angola) - (5.9%)
- Oydis (Libya) - (5.6%)
- Arka'n (Togo) - (5.6%)
- Kawn (Morocco) - (5.5%)
Breakthrough Asian Metal Band
- Trainwreck (Bangladesh) - (35%)
- Mary's Blood (Japan) - (21.1%)
- Bloodywood (India) - (10.4%)
- Slaves To Sirens (The Lebanon) - (6.6%)
- The Dead Sea (Jordan) - (5.5%)
- Ekwon (Iran) - (5.4%)
- Holy Dragons (Kazakhstan) - (5.1%)
- Reign In Slumber (Cambodia) - (4.2%)
- Afreet (Afghanistan) - (3.3%)
- Fecundation (South Korea) - (3.3%)
Breakthrough European Metal Band
- Odd Crew (Bulgaria) - (17.1%)
- Forever Still (Denmark) - (12.7%)
- Elusion (Belgium) - (11.6%)
- Setheist (Poland) - (11.2%)
- Synlakross (Spain) - (8.8%)
- Scarleth (The Ukraine) - (8.2%)
- E-An-Na (Romania) - (7.9%)
- Awakening Sun (Lithuania) - (7.8%)
- Kobold (Serbia) - (7.3%)
- Crossbones (Albania) - (7.3%)
Breakthrough UK Metal Band
- Black Pyre (Wales) - (20.6%)
- Aeons (Isle Of Man) - (14.6%)
- Inferiem (Scotland) - (10.4%)
- Fear Bound (England) - (10.3%)
- Zombified (Northern Ireland) - (9.9%)
- Pravitas (England) - (9.6%)
- Dog Tired (Scotland) - (7.5%)
- Djinova (England) - (6.9%)
- Outright Resistance (England) - (6.2%)
- Byzanthian Neckbeard (Guernsey) - (3.9%)
Breakthrough North & Central American Metal Band
- Astaroth Incarnate (Canada) - (32.8%)
- Human Equation (Mexico) - (11.6%)
- From The Graves (Cuba) - (10.9%)
- Reactor (El Salvador) - (8.4%)
- Stromptha (Greenland) - (7.6%)
- Athica (Panama) - (7.5%)
- Redhead Match (Costa Rica) - (6.1%)
- Gangrena Cerebral (Dominican Republic) - (5.2%)
- Transgresión (Puerto Rico) - (5.1%)
- Aversia (Nicaragua) - (4.9%)
Breakthrough Oceanian Metal Band
- Scythian Fate (Australia) - (26.2%)
- Sons Of Solomon (Solomon Islands) - (16.1%)
- Hunt The Witch (New Zealand) - (13.1%)
- Abide Till Death (Papua New Guinea) - (8%)
- Shepherd's Reign (New Zealand) - (7.6%)
- Surrender The Thief (Guam) - (6.6%)
- Redsphere (New Caledonia) - (6%)
- The Relativ (Fiji) - (5.9%)
- Dropvkal (Vanuatu) - (5.5%)
- Pōturu (French Polynesia) - (5%)
Breakthrough South American Metal Band
- Suicidal Drinkers (Argentina) - (17.1%)
- Visceral Decay (Ecuador) - (13.3%)
- Maze Of Terror (Peru) - (12.2%)
- Holder Of Souls (Brazil) - (12.1%)
- Inner Betrayer (Colombia) - (9.5%)
- Weight Of Emptiness (Chile) - (8.7%)
- Khymor (Paraguay) - (7.9%)
- Territory (Uruguay) - (7.1%)
- Worship The Pestilence (Bolivia) - (6.8%)
- Cultura Tres (Venezuela) - (5.4%)
Breakthrough International Metal Band
- Bloodywood (India) - (24.4%)
- Sons Of Solomon (Solomon Islands) - (11.4%)
- Infected Rain (Moldova) - (11.4%)
- Outright Resistance (England) - (9.8%)
- Forever Still (Denmark) - (8.7%)
- Arka'n (Togo) - (8.3%)
- Ade! (Italy) - (8%)
- Redhead Match (Costa Rica) - (6.7%)
- Cultura Tres (Venezuela) + Overthrust (Botswana) - (5.6%) - tied on vote numbers.
Festival Of The Year
- Bloodstock Open Air (England) - (28.4%)
- Heavy MTL (Canada) - (22%)
- Bangalore Open Air (India) - (17.8%)
- Copenhell (Denmark) - (6.4%)
- Eindhoven Metal Meeting (The Netherlands) - (5.4%)
- Goathell (Croatia) - (4.5%)
- Hard Rock Laager (Estonia) - (4.5%)
- Eistnaflug (Iceland) - (4.1%)
- Kaltenbach Open Air (Austria) - (3.8%)
- Hammersonic (Indonesia) - (3.1%)
Music Video Of The Year
- Rammstein - 'Deutschland' - (21.6%)
- Fleshgod Apocalypse - 'Sugar' - (21.2%)
- Eluveitie - 'Ategnatos' - (12.8%)
- Jinjer - 'On The Top' - (11.6%)
- Myrath - 'Born To Survive' - (8%)
- Sabaton - 'Bismarck' - (7.9%)
- Alien Weaponry - 'Blinded' - (7.2%)
- Arka'n - 'Tears Of The Dead' - (4.6%)
- Underside - 'Wild' - (3.2%)
- Oomph! - 'Tausend Mann Und Ein Befehl' (1.9%)
Global Metal Ambassador 2019
- Gojira (France) - (28.1%)
- Freddy Lim (Taiwan) - (21.4%)
- Jake Shuker & Monzer Darwish (Syria) - (9.7%)
- Sahil Makhija (India) - (8%)
- Slaves To Sirens (The Lebanon) - (6.9%)
- Underside (Nepal) - (6.4%)
- Rock Arka'n (Togo) - (4.9%)
- Roy Dipankar (India -'Extreme Nation' director) - (4.6%)
- Overthrust (Botswana) - (4.1%)
- Zarraza (Kazakhstan) - (3.5%)
- World Metal Congress (International) - (2.2%)*
* Later withdrawn by request of nominee.
Finland's Korpiklaani release 'Bír Bír' lyric video in support of 2019 festival season + kick off AUS/NZ tour tomorrow!
Finnish Folk Metal Superstars Korpiklaani don't seem to need any rest! After playing an extensive European tour with Turisas and Trollfest in support of their latest studio album 'Kulkija' ('Wanderer'), the band is about to kick off an 8-show Australian & New Zealand run (w/ Troldhaugen) tomorrow. But before the sextet continues their current touring cycle with a North American co-headline tour with their label mates in Eluveitie in September/October, Korpiklaani will perform a string of European festival gigs. In anticipation of these upcoming summer dates - starting at Metalfest Open Air, Pilsen (CZ) on June 2nd - the band has unleashed a brand new lyric video for the Czech version of their all-time favourite 'Beer Beer', which can also be found on the tour edition of 'Kulkija'. Check out 'Bír Bír' [ft. Fleret] over on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4drIAMzV7qg
"The cooperation with Korpiklaani on the Czech version of their hit song 'Beer Beer (Bír Bír)' convinced us that even folk metal superstars like them can be nice guys with stellar manners. Not only did they prove this during the rehearsal at the Masters Of Rock Café in Zlín but also on the Masters Of Rock 2018 festival stage where we played with them after only one rehearsal of their song 'Vodka', our song 'Vizovice' and then - we believe we can say - our common song 'Beer Beer (Bír Bír)' with the Czech lyrics of our lyricist Jan Mrlík. That was a remarkable and exciting experience for us and hopefully for Korpiklaani as well. Korpiklaani, thanks to all of you!"
The track will be available digitally from Friday, May 24!
'The Wayfarers Australia & New Zealand Tour 2019' w/ TROLDHAUGEN
18.05. NZ Wellington - Valhalla *SOLD OUT*
19.05. NZ Auckland - Whammy Bar
21.05. AUS Brisbane - The Triffid
22.05. AUS Sydney - Manning Bar
23.05. AUS Canberra - The Basement
24.05. AUS Melbourne - Max Watt's
25.05. AUS Adelaide - Enigma Bar
26.05. AUS Perth - Amplifier
02.06. CZ Pilsen - Metalfest Open Air
21. - 23.06. LT Varniai - Kilkim Žaibu
05.07. F Colombier-Saugnieu - Plane ‘R Fest
06.07. D Ballenstedt - Rockharz Open Air
12.07. UA Kiev - Atlas Weekend
26.07. SLO Tolmin - MetalDays
01. - 04.08. RO Rasnov - Rockstadt Extreme Fest
02. - 03.08. FIN Tampere - SaariHelvetti
17.08. F St. Nolff - Motocultor Festival
'Wanderers Towards Rebirth - Kulkija Ad Ategnatos' w/ ELUVEITIE, GONE IN APRIL
19.09. USA Tampa, FL - The Orpheum
20.09. USA Atlanta, GA - The Masquerade
21.09. USA New Orleans, LA - House of Blues
22.09. USA Houston, TX - White Oak Music Hall
23.09. USA Austin, TX - Come and Take It Live
24.09. USA Dallas, TX - Gas Monkey Bar N’ Grill
26.09. USA Mesa, AZ - Club Red
27.09. USA Los Angeles, CA - Regent Theater
28.09. USA Oakland, CA - Metro Operahouse
29.09. USA Portland, OR - The Bossanova Ballroom
30.09. CDN Vancouver, BC - Rickshaw Theatre
01.10. USA Seattle, WA - El Corazon
03.10. USA Denver, CO - Summit
04.10. USA Lincoln, NE - The Royal Grove
05.10. USA Minneapolis, MN - The Cabooze
06.10. USA Chicago, IL - Concord Music Hall
07.10. CDN Toronto, ON - The Opera House
08.10. CDN Ottawa, ON - Brass Monkey
09.10. CDN Montréal, QC - Théâtre Corona
10.10. CDN Québec, QC - Impérial Bell
11.10. USA Worcester, MA - Palladium
12.10. USA Reading, PA - Reverb
13.10. USA Baltimore, MD - Soundstage
14.10. USA New York, NY - PlayStation Theater
Are you a traveller or a wanderer? Be part of Korpiklaani's journey around the world! Use the hashtag #KorpiklaaniWayfarers on Twitter and Instagram, and your photos will appear here:
Lithuania's Stranguliatorius sign to Horror Pain Gore Death Productions; "Rope, Soap, Tabouret" set for release on December 28th
Horror Pain Gore Death Productions have signed Lithuanian Death / Doom brutal beasts Stranguliatorius and are set to release their new album entitled "Rope, Soap, Tabouret" December 28th on CD and Digital formats. Below is the official description:
"Stranguliatorius make their Horror Pain Gore Death Productions debut with the filthy album "Rope, Soap, Tabouret"! Born in the stinking primordial land of Lithuania, Stranguliatorius present a raw old school blend of Deathgrinding Doom madness. "Rope, Soap, Tabouret" is loaded with cut-throat crusty riffs, head smashing blastbeats and face-melting growls of torment. Stranguliatorius are thirsty for blood, and hungry for flesh... ready to bash your brains in, then deliver your corpse to the surgeons of the morgue, to be gutted and buried in an unmarked grave! A must have release for fans of early Carcass, Coffins, Anatomia, Haemorrhage, Impetigo, Asphyx, Unleashed, Autopsy and Bolt Thrower"
Pre-order the CD for only $10 with free shipping at http://www.horrorpaingoredeath.com/store/hpgd185.html
Pre-order the Digital Download for only $6.66 at https://hpgd.bandcamp.com/album/rope-soap-tabouret
Pre-order the T-Shirt for only $15 at https://hpgd.bandcamp.com/merch/stranguliatorius-rope-soap-tabouret-t-shirt
Listen to the track "Morgue Surgeons" at https://youtu.be/hv10GaRj_Cw
HPGD Official Website: http://www.horrorpaingoredeath.com/
HPGD on BandCamp: http://hpgd.bandcamp.com/
HPGD on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pg/horrorpaingoredeath/posts/
HPGD on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/horrorpaingoredeath
HPGD on Twitter: https://twitter.com/hpgd666
HPGD on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/horrorpaingoredeath/videos
Romanian new age melodic metal group Scarlet Aura have been forced to re-organize their proposed tour of the US due to visa issues out of their control (read more on their Facebook page …here). Not to let a bad situation get them down, the band have managed to secure dates in Eastern Europe running from September 22nd to October 25th, so the US loss becomes Europe’s gain. Scarlet Aura will play numerous dates covering Bulgaria, Ukraine, Russia, Latvia, Lithuania and Romania featuring tracks from their forthcoming album Hot’n’Heavy to be released via Sliptrick Records on December 11th. Lucky punters attending the show will have an opportunity to buy the album prior to the official release date direct from the bands merchandise stand.
22.09 | Ruse, BG
28.09 | Kiev, UA
29.09 | Zhelty Vody, UA
30.09 | Zaporozhe, UA
01.10 | Krivoy Rig, UA
02.10 | Kharkov, UA
03.10 | Elec, RUS
04.10 | Voronezh, RUS
05.10 | Bryansk, RUS
06.10 | Ivanovo, RUS
07.10 | Kolomna, RUS
08.10 | Obninsk, RUS
09.10 | Moscow, RUS
11.10 | Riga, LV
12.10 | Liepaja, LV
13.10 | Alytus, LT
25.10 | Suceava, RO
Hot’n’Heavy | Released Dec 11th, 2018 on Sliptrick Records Hot’n’Heavy
Scarlet Aura are:
Aura Danciulescu – Lead Vocals
Mihai Danciulescu – Lead guitar/Vocals
Rene Nistor – Bass
Sorin Ristea – Drums
Official Website | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram | Twitter | VK | On Sliptrick
The 'Releases Of The Year' series are albums chosen by myself as the best release from each country / dependency known to have an official release in the year 2017. These are alphabetized in country order so are easy to navigate. Each award has national flag featured alongside the band name, 'Release Of The Year' and Facebook link (where provided).
Season of Mist are proud to announce the signing of Erdve. The freshly conceived Lithuanian experimental hardcore collective will release their debut full-length, 'Vaitojimas' through Season of Mist.
The band comments: "Since Erdve is a very young name, this collaboration is proof that it is all about what matters the most - the music itself. We certainly did not have any expectations that the record could be presented to a wider audience, yet we are extremely proud and happy that our desire to create something meaningful for ourselves has procured a relationship with a record label which believes in artistic value. This partnership is a huge achievement in our creative lives and will set a strong basis for us to communicate our music, ideas, and artistic identity further on. We are incredibly thankful to Season of Mist for this opportunity.''
When Erdve formed in the Lithuanian capital Vilnius in 2016, the band had a clear aesthetic vision of creating a unique heavy sound that experimented with elements from hardcore, sludge, and black metal, yet was not bound by any unwritten "rules" surrounding those genres.
Erdve's members had already been active in their local scene and performed in various acts such as NYKSTA, SRAIGĖS EFEKTAS, and SPIRALE.
The core ideas of Erdve are translated into lyrics, visuals, and sound by in-depth reflection on concepts such as domestic violence, utmost disgusting behaviour, crimes against humanity, and extremism.
Erdve will release their debut album, 'Vaitojimas'' on Season Of Mist in 2018.
Vaidotas: guitar, vocals
Kristijonas: guitar, soundscapes
On September 30, 2016, Finnish Metallers Re-Armed will release The Era of Precarity will be released internationally via Finland's Saarni Records. The physical core of the album is packed into a stylish digipak, which is made from ecological materials. The band has pledged to donate 50 cents from the sale of every copy to Karma Ry (organisation), which supports elder people and young adults in band's home-town area with their activities to prevent disenfranchisement.
Check out The Era of Precarity album teaser at this location.
The band has released the following statement about the new album:
"The Era of Precarity is fully conceptual album where each track dives into a dystopian-world that you would never want to live in. The album reflects decadent elements of our society and challenges the listener to think what kind of world we want to live in now and in the future . All the major conflicts of the 21st century are still solved with warfare and the interesting question is; 'Do we really want to leave this perishing world as a legacy to our descendants?'
Therefore the message is current and very serious. While you're listening to the record we recommend you to leave larping clothes, drinking horns and mythological characters into the depths of your imagination. The world is here and right now."
Upcoming Tour Dates:
2/9 @ Blackpool, Järvenpää FIN
3/9 @ 15bar, Seinäjoki FIN
9/9 @ Bar Rock Bear, Vantaa FIN
16/9 @ Lepakkomies, Helsinki FIN
23/9 @ Katse, Jyväskylä FIN
24/9 @ Vernissa, Tikkurila FIN
6/10 @ Sala Rocksound, Barcelona ES
8/10 @ C.C. Valdefierro, Zaragoza ES
9/10 @ Sala Matisse, Valencia ES
11/10 @ Sala Metalarium, Badajoz ES
12/10 @ Sala Silikona, Madrid ES
14/10 @ Pikne Baar, Tallinn EE
15/10 @ Lemmys, Kaunas LT
16/10 @ Metro Club, Vilnius LT
Global Metal Apocalypse
Battle Of The Bands
Brutal Death Metal
Isle Of Man
Line Up Change
Neue Deutsche Harte
Papua New Guinea
Play Through Video
United Arab Emirates
Violent Pop Metal