So we now know who the winners of the GMA Awards 2021 were, but to wrap up the event in it's entirety and bid farewell to 2021 and usher in 2022, we must turn to the last bunch of awards - 'Metal Release By Country / Area'.
Usually these would include the flag of the band's nation, but given the events in Afghanistan this year among other political turmoil, I felt it would be prudent to forgo any flags and just list the winners.... so without further ado here are the....
"Under The Verdict"
"The Search For
The Dark Star"
"Beyond Unseen Gateways"
"In The Mouth Of Madness"
Black Serpent Ritual
BOSNIA - HERZEGOVINA
"Abyss Of Lost Souls"
"A Whole New Land"
"暮色绽放 Twilight Blooming"
Act Of Denial
Cycles Of Revocation
"Capítulo 1: Repugnante Negocio Del Terror"
Ghosts Of Atlantis
"A Legacy Of Vengeance"
"Lullabies Of Mountain Beasts"
"Empire Of Sins"
ISLE OF MAN
Serenity In Murder
"Midnight Bloody Dances"
"Te Ho Ngeza"
"Cold In Our Hearts"
"Sub Cultura Urii"
Scorn Of Creation
"Todas Las Sangres"
"Eulogy For The Gods"
Dethrone The Corrupted
"The Amygdaloid Decay"
Seraph In Travail
"A Black Death Incense"
"Covered in Concrete"
From The Abyss
"Carving The Fires Of Akhet"
"Chronicles Of War"
"Throne Of Control"
Her Last Sight
"Monument Of Reclamation"
"Mankind / Obsolete"
"Decades Of Suffering"
"The Constitutional Sacrifice"
The Iridium Experiment
"The Order Of Satan's Rage"
Deep Inside Us
"Untitled 2021 Demo"
"Death To Traitors"
"The Ultimate Dream. Plan B: Disposal Of Humanity"
"Belong To Hell"
"Ashes Of Dead Worlds"
"Annihilation Of Mankind"
"Vol. 4: Toxicolandia"
Apes Of God
"En El Recinto De La Tempestad"
Sol Draconi Septem
Beneath The Void
"Attack Of The 50ft Lobsters"
"The Inheritance Of Beauty"
"Gurus Of Destruction"
"Chaos Of Fear"
Becoming The Entity
"Signs Of Saturn"
"Empire Of Glass"
Robot Death Monkey
"Shame Of The Proud Angel"
"A Common Theories"
"Prelude To The Apocalypse"
"A Lip To Earth, A Lip To Heaven & A Tongue To The Stars"
"Punishment In The World To Come"
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
"Terror in Thrace"
The Only Survivor
"The Birth Of Anger"
"Thy Kingdom Kong"
So without further ado, we present the winners of the
2021 Global Metal Apocalypse (GMA) awards.
All categories except "Release Of The Year"
came with an 'other' option.
See you in December 2022
Global Metal Release Of The Year
WARRIOR OF LIGHT
Breakthrough African Band
Breakthrough Asian Band
Breakthrough European Band
Breakthrough North & Central American Band
Breakthrough Oceanian Band
Breakthrough South American Band
Breakthrough UK Band
BEYOND EXTINCTION (ESSEX)
GHOSTS OF ATLANTIS (ESSEX / SUFFOLK)
Breakthrough International Band
Music Video Of The Year
Cradle Of Filth - Necromantic Fantasies
Power metal masters Wings of Destiny are proud to release their 2nd single "Playing With Fire", taken from their 6th album "Memento Mori" due for release via Wormholedeath.
"Playing With Fire" is available on all digital platforms HERE
Watch the video here:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSG-9eKanXs
Wings of Destiny is a Power Metal band originally from Costa Rica, founded at the end of the year 2013, influenced by such bands as Helloween, Rhapsody of Fire, Angra and Symphony X; nevertheless through the time the band managed to develop a very particular and recognizable sound creating a cult following among fans all around the world. Wings of Destiny was originally called only "Destiny", but due to the existence of another band of the same name [band from Sweden], decided to change its name to Wings of Destiny [known, also, as WOD] in the year 2014.
After one month of voting, nearly 6,000 votes cast and countless sharing across all social media platforms by us and nominees alike, the time has come to announce the winners of the GMA Awards 2019.
But before that happens, there will be a change to how the nominees are cast. For 10 months of the year we will be running a series of rounds from which the 10 finalists will be recognised for the annual event.
The system will work as thus: nominees elected in the month of January are voted for in February... February nominees voted in March, etc and finishes with nominees in October being voted for in November - the finalists will then be voted for across the month of December and into early January 2021; finishing 8th January 2021.
Now that's put out into the open, we can finally reveal the winners of the GMA Awards 2019.
Release Of The Year
- Fleshgod Apocalypse - Veleno (19.8%)
- Eluveitie - Ategnatos (16.6%)
- Jinjer - Macro (13.9%)
- Oomph! - Ritual (9.2%)
- Kryptos - Afterburner (7.4%)
- Tyr - Hel (7.1%)
- Unleash The Archers - Explorers (7.1%)
- Myrath - Shehili (7%)
- Sabaton - The Great War (6.9%)
- The Hu - The Gereg (4.9%)
Best Live Act
- Jinjer (The Ukraine) - (27.6%)
- Eluveitie (Switzerland) - (15.2%)
- Sabaton (Sweden) - (11.3%)
- Alien Weaponry (New Zealand) - (9.9%)
- Myrath (Tunisia) - (9.1%)
- Lacuna Coil (Italy) - (8.2%)
- Underside (Nepal) - (7.2%)
- Crescent (Egypt) - (4.9%)
- Hatari (Iceland) - (3.6%)
- Odd Crew (Bulgaria) - (3%)
Breakthrough African Metal Band
- Mythos (Egypt) - (35.5%)
- Berzek (Algeria) - (11.3%)
- My Veins (Madagascar) - (9%)
- Iron Sliver (Gabon) - (8.1%)
- Woltemade (South Africa) - (6.7%)
- Roar Of Heroes (Cameroon) - (6.7%)
- Nebulosa Difusa (Angola) - (5.9%)
- Oydis (Libya) - (5.6%)
- Arka'n (Togo) - (5.6%)
- Kawn (Morocco) - (5.5%)
Breakthrough Asian Metal Band
- Trainwreck (Bangladesh) - (35%)
- Mary's Blood (Japan) - (21.1%)
- Bloodywood (India) - (10.4%)
- Slaves To Sirens (The Lebanon) - (6.6%)
- The Dead Sea (Jordan) - (5.5%)
- Ekwon (Iran) - (5.4%)
- Holy Dragons (Kazakhstan) - (5.1%)
- Reign In Slumber (Cambodia) - (4.2%)
- Afreet (Afghanistan) - (3.3%)
- Fecundation (South Korea) - (3.3%)
Breakthrough European Metal Band
- Odd Crew (Bulgaria) - (17.1%)
- Forever Still (Denmark) - (12.7%)
- Elusion (Belgium) - (11.6%)
- Setheist (Poland) - (11.2%)
- Synlakross (Spain) - (8.8%)
- Scarleth (The Ukraine) - (8.2%)
- E-An-Na (Romania) - (7.9%)
- Awakening Sun (Lithuania) - (7.8%)
- Kobold (Serbia) - (7.3%)
- Crossbones (Albania) - (7.3%)
Breakthrough UK Metal Band
- Black Pyre (Wales) - (20.6%)
- Aeons (Isle Of Man) - (14.6%)
- Inferiem (Scotland) - (10.4%)
- Fear Bound (England) - (10.3%)
- Zombified (Northern Ireland) - (9.9%)
- Pravitas (England) - (9.6%)
- Dog Tired (Scotland) - (7.5%)
- Djinova (England) - (6.9%)
- Outright Resistance (England) - (6.2%)
- Byzanthian Neckbeard (Guernsey) - (3.9%)
Breakthrough North & Central American Metal Band
- Astaroth Incarnate (Canada) - (32.8%)
- Human Equation (Mexico) - (11.6%)
- From The Graves (Cuba) - (10.9%)
- Reactor (El Salvador) - (8.4%)
- Stromptha (Greenland) - (7.6%)
- Athica (Panama) - (7.5%)
- Redhead Match (Costa Rica) - (6.1%)
- Gangrena Cerebral (Dominican Republic) - (5.2%)
- Transgresión (Puerto Rico) - (5.1%)
- Aversia (Nicaragua) - (4.9%)
Breakthrough Oceanian Metal Band
- Scythian Fate (Australia) - (26.2%)
- Sons Of Solomon (Solomon Islands) - (16.1%)
- Hunt The Witch (New Zealand) - (13.1%)
- Abide Till Death (Papua New Guinea) - (8%)
- Shepherd's Reign (New Zealand) - (7.6%)
- Surrender The Thief (Guam) - (6.6%)
- Redsphere (New Caledonia) - (6%)
- The Relativ (Fiji) - (5.9%)
- Dropvkal (Vanuatu) - (5.5%)
- Pōturu (French Polynesia) - (5%)
Breakthrough South American Metal Band
- Suicidal Drinkers (Argentina) - (17.1%)
- Visceral Decay (Ecuador) - (13.3%)
- Maze Of Terror (Peru) - (12.2%)
- Holder Of Souls (Brazil) - (12.1%)
- Inner Betrayer (Colombia) - (9.5%)
- Weight Of Emptiness (Chile) - (8.7%)
- Khymor (Paraguay) - (7.9%)
- Territory (Uruguay) - (7.1%)
- Worship The Pestilence (Bolivia) - (6.8%)
- Cultura Tres (Venezuela) - (5.4%)
Breakthrough International Metal Band
- Bloodywood (India) - (24.4%)
- Sons Of Solomon (Solomon Islands) - (11.4%)
- Infected Rain (Moldova) - (11.4%)
- Outright Resistance (England) - (9.8%)
- Forever Still (Denmark) - (8.7%)
- Arka'n (Togo) - (8.3%)
- Ade! (Italy) - (8%)
- Redhead Match (Costa Rica) - (6.7%)
- Cultura Tres (Venezuela) + Overthrust (Botswana) - (5.6%) - tied on vote numbers.
Festival Of The Year
- Bloodstock Open Air (England) - (28.4%)
- Heavy MTL (Canada) - (22%)
- Bangalore Open Air (India) - (17.8%)
- Copenhell (Denmark) - (6.4%)
- Eindhoven Metal Meeting (The Netherlands) - (5.4%)
- Goathell (Croatia) - (4.5%)
- Hard Rock Laager (Estonia) - (4.5%)
- Eistnaflug (Iceland) - (4.1%)
- Kaltenbach Open Air (Austria) - (3.8%)
- Hammersonic (Indonesia) - (3.1%)
Music Video Of The Year
- Rammstein - 'Deutschland' - (21.6%)
- Fleshgod Apocalypse - 'Sugar' - (21.2%)
- Eluveitie - 'Ategnatos' - (12.8%)
- Jinjer - 'On The Top' - (11.6%)
- Myrath - 'Born To Survive' - (8%)
- Sabaton - 'Bismarck' - (7.9%)
- Alien Weaponry - 'Blinded' - (7.2%)
- Arka'n - 'Tears Of The Dead' - (4.6%)
- Underside - 'Wild' - (3.2%)
- Oomph! - 'Tausend Mann Und Ein Befehl' (1.9%)
Global Metal Ambassador 2019
- Gojira (France) - (28.1%)
- Freddy Lim (Taiwan) - (21.4%)
- Jake Shuker & Monzer Darwish (Syria) - (9.7%)
- Sahil Makhija (India) - (8%)
- Slaves To Sirens (The Lebanon) - (6.9%)
- Underside (Nepal) - (6.4%)
- Rock Arka'n (Togo) - (4.9%)
- Roy Dipankar (India -'Extreme Nation' director) - (4.6%)
- Overthrust (Botswana) - (4.1%)
- Zarraza (Kazakhstan) - (3.5%)
- World Metal Congress (International) - (2.2%)*
* Later withdrawn by request of nominee.
Costa Rica's Age Of The Wolf have just released their new single "Goddess of the Hunt". The song is taken from their upcoming album Ouroboric Trances which will be released on May 17 via Aural Music.
Listen to the track here: https://www.indymetalvault.com/2019/05/07/track-premiere-age-of-the-wolf-goddess-of-the-hunt/
Pre-order here: https://ageofthewolf.bandcamp.com/album/ouroboric-trances
Christopher de Haan: Vocals, Guitars
Beto Ramirez: Vocals, Guitars
Jorge Camacho: Vocals, Bass
Gabriel Ortiz: Drums
Costa Rica's Age Of The Wolf have just released their new single "Herald of Abyssos". The song is taken from their upcoming album Ouroboric Trances which will be released on May 10 via Aural Music.
Listen to the track here: https://thesludgelord.blogspot.com/2019/04/track-premiere-costa-rican-doom-band.html
Pre-order here: https://ageofthewolf.bandcamp.com/album/ouroboric-trances
Axa Valaha Productions in collaboration with Pest Records (a Loud Rage Music division) proudly announce the upcoming release of the second studio album from Costa Rica Profane Metal purveyors Heresy! Entitled Blasphēmia, the new material is a 7 tracks Thrash Metal bomb recorded and mixed by Marcos Monnerat, and mastered in Sweden at Fascination Street Studios by Jens Bogren (Kreator, At The Gates, Opeth).
The first Blasphēmia advance single is Downpour, now available for streaming here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFIQGTDZJLg
Heresy will start their “False Messiah Tour 18-19” this November and it will finish in February 2019!
Costa Rica's Advent Of Bedlam sign to Horror Pain Gore Death Productions; "Human Portal Phenomenon" due out 4th May
Horror Pain Gore Death Productions have signed Costa Rica's Technical Death Metal destroyers Advent Of Bedlam and are set to release their new album entitled Human Portal Phenomenon May 4th on CD and Digital formats. Below is the official description:
"Horror Pain Gore Death Productions welcome Advent Of Bedlam to the roster with the new album 'Human Portal Phenomenon'! Hailing from Costa Rica, Advent Of Bedlam play intense, progressive and melodic Technical Death Metal. 'Human Portal Phenomenon' is a non-stop journey full of vile melodies, sick drumming and corrosive vocals. A furious manifestation of extreme blackened passages, inspired by different human phenomenons such as Nikola Tesla's poem 'Fragments Of Olympian Gossip', as well as Orwellian hymns to concepts like debt, synapses and organ traffic. This album is the much anticipated third stereo swarm from Advent Of Bedlam, and was produced at Cavan Studio in Heredia, Costa Rica by the bands own guitarist Max Gutiérrez. VH1's That Metal Show have proclaimed Advent Of Bedlam as 'Costa Rica's best metal export', and Human Portal Phenomenon is an album that does that title justice. A must have release for fans of Belphegor, Dead Congregation, Hate Eternal, Immolation, Incantation and Morbid Angel.
Pre-order the CD for only $10 with free shipping at www.horrorpaingoredeath.com/store/hpgd168.html
Pre-order the Digital Download for only $6.66 at hpgd.bandcamp.com/album/human-portal-phenomenon
Listen to the track "A Human Farm" at https://youtu.be/S6sWjf3ib-k
HPGD Official Website: horrorpaingoredeath.com
HPGD on BandCamp: hpgd.bandcamp.com
HPGD on Facebook: facebook.com/horrorpaingoredeath
HPGD on Spotify: open.spotify.com/user/horrorpaingoredeath
HPGD on Twitter: twitter.com/#!/hpgd666
HPGD on YouTube: youtube.com/user/horrorpaingoredeath?feature=watch
The 'Releases Of The Year' series are albums chosen by myself as the best release from each country / dependency known to have an official release in the year 2017. These are alphabetized in country order so are easy to navigate. Each award has national flag featured alongside the band name, Release Of The Year' and Facebook link (where provided)
Latin American death metal act Corpse Garden are now streaming their third album, “IAO 269”, exclusively through Invisible Oranges (World Premiere) and Musick Magazine (Poland). Scheduled for a release this Friday 24 November 2017 in CD, cassette and digital formats, “IAO 269” is now available for orders through Godz ov War Productions.
Stream IAO 269 -
Invisible Oranges: http://www.invisibleoranges.com/corpse-garden-iao-269/
Musick Magazine: http://www.musickmagazine.pl/archiwa/6506
Continuing from where they left off with their last album, the Costa Rican band Corpse Garden naturally evolve and expand their musical horizons, presenting a bolder, much more avant-garde and experimental, even dissonant-at-times, approach to death metal.
Guitarist Federico Gutiérrez comments on what influenced this direction: “music is always a response from whatever we are feeling at the moment of its creation. It is an extension of our feelings and emotions”. The album was heavily influenced by the music the band members were listening to during the creation process of the album: kraut-rock, 70s and 80s post-punk and ambient music among others.
IAO 269 was produced by Colin Marston and Corpse Garden. Recorded, mixed and mastered in January 2017 by Colin Marston at Menegroth, The Thousand Caves Studio, Queens, New York.
Corpse Garden online:
Godz ov War Productions online:
Global Metal Apocalypse
Battle Of The Bands
Brutal Death Metal
Isle Of Man
Line Up Change
Neue Deutsche Harte
Papua New Guinea
Play Through Video
United Arab Emirates
Violent Pop Metal